rambo duo

Malibu

Visit site
Sorry to rave on about rugs!

I was wondering how it exactly works; it can be used as a winter rug with 400g fill, then as a stable rug or light weight , how does it work exactly as i am trying to work out if it is economival to buy the duo or a winter turnout and under rug !

sorry i ma just very confused as to how many rugs the duo can work as and surly the underrug will get muddy or wet when out side?
confused.gif
confused.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
We have two horses on the yard with a duo each. They are wonderful rugs. The linings are detachable, with different weights available.

They both live in them 24/7 in and out of the stable.

Well worth the hefty price tag!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
so the stable rug is the under rug and you dont use the outer shell

[/ QUOTE ]
No - you don't separate them out at all - it doesn't work like that. It is designed to be worn in its entirety in and out of the stable and is fully breathable.

dixie

Visit site
I love the look of this rug but sadly don't have one yet.

They are cheaper on e-bay at the moment, if you are interested.

Malibu

Visit site
yes looking at ebay, the rug is 169 plus 6 p&p so much cheaper than stores, I need a stable rug and heavy turnout, if i sell the bucas rug i will need a lightweight and i am not sure if i can get all these rugs out of the duo, if not then i coudl just get the duoo and always ahve the option to take layers out and keep the bucas lightweight and the bucas stable seems to fit! gosh i am so confused, its just on ebay the supreme and the duo are priced the same so it makes sense to get the duo as you can change it about!

k9h

Visit site
They do separte so that you can have an under rug of either 100g, 200g, or 400gs under the outer rug which I think is a 100g (think the weights are right not certain though. Outer rug can be used alone but if using under rug you combine it with the outer rug. If that makes sense??!

Malibu

Visit site
oh so you can have the 100g outer shell by it self or the outer sheel 100g with an under rug of either weight for when its more colder and then the under rugs by them selves for the stable or with outer shell? am i right

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
golly gosh i am so very much confused now, so you can/cannot seperate the under rug and outer shell?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you can - but they are not designed to worn separately. It either is used with a lining (whichever weight you choose) or without.

druid

Visit site
You ahve duo which is a 100g waterproof shell. Than you have between 1-3 liners depndign on where you buy from. Basically you use the shell as a LW then add under liners as needed. You can use it both in and out of the stable as it is breathable but you keep the shell on.

sorona

Visit site
Here are a couple of links about the rug; the first is a review and the other is to horsewares website. Hope you find it useful. It does appear that the outer can be worn on its own as a turnout and as a stable rug and you can add the inner for extra warmth. You can also purchase varying thicknesses of inners so you do have a completely variable weight of rug. I dont think you wear the inner on its own however but i could be wrong!

http://www.horsetackreview.com/review-display/1560.html

http://www.horseware.com/turnouts/rambo/turnoutsduo.asp

Malibu

Visit site
ohhhhhhhhhhhh right! golly i understand now, sorry you must all think i am very silly but i just iddnt grasp the concept of it all! Well i am not sure now becuase if i bring him in and the outer shell is wet , dont liek putting him to bed with a wet rug on top! i woudl rather have a turnout and a stable rug

Baileysno1

Visit site
Have you seen the Fal pro version of this rug I think its called the commander, its a similar idea but you can use the under rug on its own as a stable rug it has a belly pad too and removeable neck I think, believe the cost for both rug and under thingy was allot cheaper than the rambo.

Malibu

Visit site
thank you S, the review was very positive , i am not sure now, i am now thinking to get the duo and i ahve a turnout for all year round and a separet stable rug.

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
The duo is a fab rug but as other people have said, it isnt designed for the inner part to be worn on it's own.

The rug itself is 100g so slightly thicker than some of the LW turnouts around (the ones that are just sheets), the liners come in different weights that you can add as you go along. I think its the 300g liner included so you have a 400g turnout for the depths of winter. The neck cover is also detachable if you dont like them having that bit on too early. The neck cover isn't padded itself though.

The inner rug (liner) doesnt have cross sircingles (spelling?!) so wouldn't be suitable for use without the outer. Its also made from quite a thin material that Id guess would tear quite easily if it was used on its own.

As others said, it can be used inside and out because it is breathable, but it would be the equivalent of any combination rug and you are leaving the horse in a dirty rug. If you're ok with that, then great! If not, you need a seperate stable rug really.

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Oh and one more thing. The under rug doesnt get at all wet or muddy when its attached correctly to the shell. My horse uses his basically all year and ive ever had any issues with the liners slipping or getting dirty.

The liners attach to the shell by clips situated at the back of the rug and, quite typically of horseware, the rug doesnt move at all.

That being said, the liners fit in a standard washing machine and because of the material they are made out of they gather very little horse hair (so you wont risk clogging the machine) and they dry super fast. Ive managed to wash my liner in an evening and have it back on the horse by first thing in the morning which, in my opinion, is somewhat nicer than having a turnout on for several months of the year where the part next to the horses skin gets dirty
frown.gif