Rambo horse walker rug

Bosrebel

Visit site
Hi
Hope you can help... My mare.. love her to bits... but she trashes rugs like theres no tomorrow! Her latest one she has had on for 3 days... now has holes in the chest of it... i've only just picked up the old one from the repair shop. She seems only to trash the chests, leaning over the fencing... (nothing i can do about that) i'm not moving her..... wondered if a Rambo horsewalker rug could be a solution? it covers their back and has no chest in it, so it seems the perfect design! but do any of you use these rugs and do you think it would slip? do they have leg straps?

Advice please... i could of course leave her unrugged, but she is 3/4 TB and looks totally miserable when cold and wet... and she lives out 24/7... Hates being stabled.

loobylu

Visit site
I take it you can't put leccy fencing up? Good luck finding a solution to your rather expensive problem!
tongue.gif

Agent XXX999

Visit site
My horse is exactly the same...my friend gave me some pig spray, which stinks but tops him ripping them over his head....failing that I have found that an old fashioned canvas turnout over the top of a nice rug works a treat...

MillionDollar

Visit site
My horse does exactly the same (unfortunately we have barbed wire as i live on a farm) so i'll buy her a new rug and a week later its ruined coz she insists that the grass is greener on the other side, lol. even though shes in a 10 acre field! so annoying!

That is a good idea, i'd go for it and give it a go!
grin.gif

Bosrebel

Visit site
Thanks people... we have electric fencing, but we had the unit stolen, ... we'd only had it a week... so she knows its not switched on and will lean over it.. (its in front of the barbed wire) cant keep shelling out for new units either!....

yes i so want to buy a canvas rug, i think she'd live quite happily in one.. but hardly anybody makes them now, we used to swear by Stormasta canvas rugs...made by masta.. i saw one at a car boot last week, it bought back many happy memories! unfortunately it was too small... so if anyone has one for sale in 7ft... please PM me!

Agent XXX999

Visit site
The horse shop in Banstead have got them. I bet you they would send them too you. You will have to google the name 'The Horse Shop' x

Bosrebel

Visit site
No she wont cut her self if she doesnt have a rug on... she lives in the field happily 24/7 all spring and summer and autumn,without a rug on and no cuts... she knows that when she has a rug on, the barbs dont hurt when she leans over!