Rambo Optimo Liners-which to go for, smaller or larger will fit?

Fifty Bales of Hay

Visit site
I have a 6'3" Rambo Optimo on order (chose a size smaller than normal Rambo as people said they come up HUGE so hoping this was the right decision) and now looking at buying liners to use with it.

The cheapest I can find sadly don't have them in a 6'3" size, am wanting the 100gm and the 200gm liners. But they have them in 6'0" and 6'6" sizes.

Is it worth me ordering a 6'0" and it being a bit smaller under the rug? Will I still be able to clip it in, even if I add a clip to the clip at the back to secure?

Will the 6'6" stick out 3" beyond the back of the rug if I go for the bigger size, or will it be ok do you think?

Decisions decisions?????? Which in your opinion if you use liners would be be best fit?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I have the duo and the liners for that are slightly smaller than the outer (in the same size) so that they are fully covered by the waterproof outer. This makes me think that really you will need the same size as the outer. Sorry.

EmmaC78

Visit site
I have the duo and the liners for that are slightly smaller than the outer (in the same size) so that they are fully covered by the waterproof outer. This makes me think that really you will need the same size as the outer. Sorry.

I think the same. I think the bigger one would stick out and get soaked but the smaller would be difficult to clip on at the back.

Theocat

Visit site
Sounds like false economy. You're presumably only saving a few pounds - not worth it in the grand scheme of things! Can you wait and see if the 6'3 liner comes into stock? You're highly unlikely to need them for a few months, so you do have time.

Fifty Bales of Hay

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, it's a saving of £17 per liner, so £34 in total I would be saving, so a few pounds more than a few pounds lol on just two liners. Perhaps I could wait and see as you are right I won't be needing them until the autumn. But new stock in normally means higher prices I guess the older stock being sold off are cheaper because they want to clear now for the summer.

JustKickOn

Visit site
I had an Optimo, and it was true to size. They look like they come up big because the front vented bit. Had I gone down a size, the bum would have been handing out the back of it. Liners need to be same size as the rug so they're covered by the waterproof outer, otherwise they get wet and water seeps up the rest of the liner.

However, my first Optimo had very bad stitching and half of the rug wasn't even seen together. Sent it back and then the inner lining on the replacement ripped within three days. After quite a struggle with the retailer and Horseware, I later found out the Optimo is made in China!! Got a refund for the rug and spent it on the Supreme which has been without issue.

whizzer

Visit site
I have 6'6" Rambo duo & a supreme in same size. I use liners in either 6'6" or 6'3" in both. Both fit well,I slightly prefer the smaller liners so no chance of any sticking out & soaking water up, have no problem in clipping them in at the back.