Rambo Summer Series

EmmaC78

Visit site
Has anyone got the Rambo Summer Series rug? It is quite expensive so I am wondering whether it is worth the money and whether it is more of a turnout rug, a fly rug or something in between?

Haphazardhacker

Visit site
I’ve got one, it is pretty much half fly rug half turnout. Does come with a liner with some fill for the top section too for a bit more warmth as well as neck you can add or remove.

Haphazardhacker

Visit site
I may be selling mine just as madam is such a good doer that I’ve been advised to try keep her naked as much as poss so where I would have used it (showery summer days or slightly chilly nights) I will now be leaving her naked.
I think it’s a great rug for those times where you can’t change rugs multiple times a day as it keeps their back dry but also makes sure they don’t get too hot.

leflynn

Visit site
Fab rug, I was lucky enough to win one. Great in the summer rain and handy having the back warmer pad bit inside incase the temp drops, also great for shows in the summer too :)

EmmaC78

Visit site
Fab rug, I was lucky enough to win one. Great in the summer rain and handy having the back warmer pad bit inside incase the temp drops, also great for shows in the summer too :)

Thank you, I am assuming it can be used as a fly rug too?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have used the Shires version for years. I was surprised to find that the way they tailored it means that in the rain even their sides stay dry as the rain runs down the fly mesh which hangs away from the body. I just sold a Rhinegold version which was not as good a quality, but there again it was only £36! The Shires version is around £65 and waterproof. I use it a lot at this time of year.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shires-H...var=621528678200&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

EmmaC78

Visit site
I have used the Shires version for years. I was surprised to find that the way they tailored it means that in the rain even their sides stay dry as the rain runs down the fly mesh which hangs away from the body. I just sold a Rhinegold version which was not as good a quality, but there again it was only £36! The Shires version is around £65 and waterproof. I use it a lot at this time of year.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shires-H...var=621528678200&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Thanks. The Shires version is the one my friend has and she really likes it but Horseware seems to fit my horse better. I might try the Shires one though as it looks just as good for half the price.