Ranch holidays

maxapple

Visit site
Can anyone recommend somewhere - America or possibly elsewhere.

Ideally somewhere without children (we're both teachers so need a break!!)

Hubby is a basic rider but will have some lessons before we go.

california dreaming

Visit site
Hi

I would recommend a riding holiday with a lady called Caroline who runs and owns " Ride in Cyprus" in the paphos mountains in Cyprus. She will taylor make your holiday for your requirements. No children will be with you if that is what you want. She has lovely horses that are well cared for and loved. You can look it up on trip advisor or she has a website.

Orangehorse

Visit site
If you go to the USA or Canada the advice I was given was to go to a place that is in a UK brochure, as some places can be very poor.

Ranch Holidays, In the Saddle are good companies.

I went to Montana with In the Saddle and it was great, I would love to go back again.

If you want to avoid children you need to know when the school holidays are, as they are from about June tothe end of August in the USA. We went in early September and there were no children then.

LittleGinger

Visit site
Someone on here had a post about the White Stallion Ranch in Arizona, it looked Fab!

I loved every single second of being here and still daydream about the day I can afford to go back.

Although if I remember rightly, when I booked it was closed over the summer hols due to monsoons, so as teachers it might be worth checking when you can go. I think from memory you could probably go very end of August/start of September. I went with a very non-horsey friend (my mum insisted I didn't go alone! Haha!) and by the end of the first few days he was cantering along the trails with everyone else.

Edited: Just checked the website, and it seems they are open over the summer hols:
http://www.whitestallion.com/

I am so jealous... :blue: :)

Last edited: