Randi offspring

lizstuguinness

Visit site
thinking about putting my mare to randi next spring.
anyone got an offspring of his, or perhaps know what type and ability he throws?

my mare is 17.1hh dutch warmblood with international sj parents. Dad was french team horse, mum did grand prix.

i think randi's lovely, he looks like an overgrown pony!

lizstuguinness

Visit site
is that her in your photos? how old is she?

do you know anything about her dam? the mare a hell of a lot when breeding but lots of people tend to forget this.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Thats her in the piccies on my sig, she was 8 in May. Loads more piccies in my photobucket on my profile.

Her dam is an ISH owned by Hornby from this forum
KHillHse04.jpg

Hornby

Visit site
Hi, (well done, L154 for posting the photo of Kangaroo, I'm hopeless with them!). The mare is a kind sort, who really tries to please, forward going and can get tense but the ID part of her brain is used first (which is a good thing). From my observations of L154's mare I would say that the stallion has added some toughness (good thing - mine is a bit of a softy whereas May really gets going round a course of fences!) and sharpness (but L154 and I are very different riders and aim for different things with our horses). I would say if you want a true competition horse he would be a good choice - good luck.

lizstuguinness

Visit site
he seems to throw a nice type. i just dont know at what level the babies are competing at. i think i read that there is one competing at 1.40m, but that's it.

i dont know if what age his eldest are at or even how many mares he's covered, so this may be excellent but may be rubbish!!

have looked on this jumping web site, and it says that he puts a bit of bone on. Virama is a typical warmblood stamp with a lovely nature.

like the this type, but not sure if randi would put too much bone onto the baby?

her dad was lighter weight than her, and was loose in front as he didnt tuck up much. i think she's going down that road too, but as she has only been loose jumped three times its a bit early to say!.

like the idea that randi folds together so well in front, lovely technique that im hoping he would pass on. virama has a really good neck and shoulder but really long legs still looks like a foal i hope she doesnt continue to grow!
she should have done most of her maturing by now as shes 4.5yrs, perhaps her dad had long legs which is why he didnt tuck up much?