Random Injury!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
On Saturday morning we were having a great mini jumping session with friends. Going over one of the littlest jumps in the field, I clipped Dave's shoulder with my knuckle & heard the snap.

Off to A & E as little finger looked a bit iffy. Outcome?

Broken finger just above the knuckle & splinted for 4 weeks. How bloody random, didn't even fall off!

119540310_10159340535969739_7497163447779063910_o.jpg

Visit site
I cracked a metacarpal bone last winter giving a horse a back hand slap on the ribs for being a fidget whilst I brushed it. I didn't even hit the horse hard! You know those casual wrist flicks you do? Yeah one of those! It gave me gip for months!

It's amazing how we can injure ourselves without even trying ??

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Ouch! Friend did similar when jumping her horse, landed after a fence and somehow caught his neck and heard the snap!
Hope it heals without too much strife x

Thank you! The snap was so loud, it spooked him & he shot forward, but thank god he stopped at a vocal command, as I was instantly panicking. Took glove off & it all looked a tad wonky.
Fingers (not) crossed it heals quickly, got good report so far!

EllenJay

Visit site
Ouch! I am surprised that the hospital splinted it - round here they don't for fingers, the excuse is they heal better with movement.
Hope this doesn't stop your adventures xx

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Ouch! I am surprised that the hospital splinted it - round here they don't for fingers, the excuse is they heal better with movement.
Hope this doesn't stop your adventures xx

On Saturday, they just bound it to my ring finger & told me to keep moving it within pain levels, this morning it got splinted. The splint won't last. I've already messed it up doing pots.

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
Oooh - I'd be straight on to one of those ' Had an accident ? Not your fault ?' companies ? Just think of the fun you could have with them !
You could claim against the person you bought your horse off ( regardless of how many years ago that was - doesn't seem to stop other people) , the horse ( for slinging in a big jump ) , the jump manufacturer ( for creating a dangerous object ) , the course builder ( for littering the field with obstacles ) , the organisers ( did each obstacle come with clear instructions for use and an H&S warning ? ) , your riding instructor/s ( for the faulty hand position ) . Bet others can think of loads more ?
And what to claim for ? Well , as you are obviously incapacitated by the injury to your finger you need to claim for help for all those tasks that you are currently unable to do ie the services of a groom for the pony , a cleaner for your house , a chef ( doesn't matter if you don't usually do the cooking , it's the fact that you no longer have the option - human rights and all that ) , a hair dresser , child minder , chauffer ?

Annagain

Visit site
Ouch - I dislocated mine getting it caught in Archie's mane over a jump - the rest of my hand went forwards and my little finger couldn't. It was sticking out at a very funny angle.