Random Q - Ketton Hunter Trials

StrawberryFish

Visit site
Very random, just chatting about what I have done in my past life as a full-time horse rider part time normal person ;) and I mentioned that the biggest XC track I had jumped round was the Open at Ketton Hunter Trials, when asked how big this was I have no clue! (if you ask how big it felt I would say it was easily 5 ft ... :p )
This was some years ago so I don't know if it is still going but if anyone knows how big the open is/was? So I can laugh at the fact that it felt like I was going round Badminton but actually it's 2ft :eek: :eek: )

Sarah
X

VGM

Visit site
i presume you mean ketton near stamford? the cottesmore do their hunter trials there and the tetrathlon. it is a few years since i have been but i am sure the open is advertised as 3'3 to 3'6. there is a big fan and trakehner that seem to be permanent fixtures and the big drop and tight turn in the water. the oddly angled palisades on the hill and table in the fence line. i think it has portables there now. someone from our yard went last year and said it was a very unaffiliated track with a mix and match of fences.

StrawberryFish

Visit site
Yes that one, thank you :)
I remember the trakehna (jumped it from standstill after I lost my stirrups), the fan and I remember a big (to me ;) ) chair in amongst the trees.
Enjoyed reminiscing about it last night but couldnt for the life of me recall (or find online) the height of it, so ta :) not huge but not tiny.

Thank you xx

VGM

Visit site
yes the chair is quite big but i think the positioning and being in the wood makes if stiffer. it is big for unaffiliated and the trakehner is a good old fashioned rider frightener

char_malteser:)

New User
Visit site

duckling

www.facebook.com
kettons open horse is easily the biggest course i have done aswell and it easly 3ft 6

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1257848578993&set=a.1020296400337.4006.1612983791&type=3

the link is the open horse and it might look small but trust me it wasnt it was about 3ft6 high aswell as 3ft6 wide this was back i 2009 the last one they did we also came 3rd which is pretty remarkable considering she is barely 15hh and a cob

Char - I think you need to make the album public as the link won't work (go to edit photos, by 'privacy' select 'public' from the drop down list - this will just make the one album public rather than your whole profile :)).

If you have photos of each fence on the course I'd really like to add them to my facebook page - www.facebook.com/unaffiliatedxccoursephotos