RANT Bloody farriers

serena2005

Visit site
The horse iam looking after has the worse feet in the world, so my farrier ( who is extreamly good) was sorting them out.

However owner wants her farrier to shoe him now... so up he comes, looks as if hes been on the booze all night, first thing that annoys me he calls the male horse a girl! even though i kept correcting him saying ' yes HE is fine'

horse is 5 weeks in to his shoes and i thought he was going to trim them,,, surprise surprise no he didnt trim them " cant do much their in a bit of a mess"
shocked.gif
mad.gif
didnt measure the shoe to his foot banged the shoe of the floor... what purpose that had i do not know! the hammered it on cold....
and as for the rasping... oh my god i nearly died. he rasped so high up the skin around the cornent came away from his hoof and it was done so carelessly, with no pride.

so now he has really long feet and i dont know what to do, he said leave him a few weeks!
shocked.gif

im so angry

sorry rant over !
smile.gif

serena2005

Visit site
my farrier wont touch him now, he said before no-one tells him how to shoe a f*%$ing horse. he takes it very much to heart when someone tells him they dont want him to shoe their horse for some stupid reason.
i just cant believe how this farrier get work.

even speaking to him on the phone for the 1st time i would never have booked him, he doesnt work weekends and during the week doesnt work after 4 o'clock! no wonder hes so fat!