Rant - Ickle one I promise

Nic

Visit site
does anyone else get annoyed by people not putting prices on adverts for horses?

How am I supposed to know if I can afford it or not?!
mad.gif

See said it was ickle
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
Yes! That is one of my biggest bugbears when I am buying. I always price my horses when I advertise them.

Tia

Visit site
LOL!! They wouldn't listen to me.....best thing you can do is NOT respond to their adverts! If they can't be bothered to figure out the correct pricing of their horse then can you be bothered to reply?

I know it can be quite tricky finding the correct price.....but I still don't think it is an excuse to not mention one. They'll soon find out if the price is incorrect.

Nic

Visit site
Yeah me too, but I found a nice pony in Ireland that I thought I might be able to afford. I'm not gona phone incase they say 10k & I choke & put the phone down
blush.gif

icestationzebra

Visit site
I do - and I don't think it is that smart if you really want to sell. When I was looking I never rang up about any horse that didn't have a price as I didn't want to be horribly embarrassed when it was way out my league!

Skhosu

Visit site
No, I tend to assume it is expensive, but I haven't put prices on anything over 5K yet, and wouldn't for a pony.
For a horse I would have the limit higher.
As of yet, had no problems this way!
Still got an ad up though so will see how many people ring and can't afford...

MissDeMeena

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone else get annoyed by people not putting prices on adverts

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever heard the saying "if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it"
wink.gif
wink.gif
more apt. for shoping in Harrods tho i guess hehe

lorenababbit

Visit site
its to make you call and ask and then be persuaded that you will go look after all. like most things though if you have to ask the price, you cant afford it!!
smile.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
It irritates me especially when many of us on here are on a strict budget when it comes to buying. i assume no price, its too expensive so don't ring! if i did and it was too expensive its a waste of mine and their time

Skhosu

Visit site
Nope! A grey pony on horseabout. Typically we put it up for sale, that afternoon promptly went lame with an abcess! So 6 weeks on he's available again!
'ts to make you call and ask and then be persuaded that you will go look after all.'
I disagree, we discussed price on the phone and some couldn't afford, most could, those who couldn't would have called anyway in teh attempt to make us think they were a 'good' home and to drop the price 5 grand (mind, we still had an exceptionally rich person offer half of what we were asking..the mind boggles!)

Foxford

Visit site
It's annoying I agree. It would help to compare with other horses without having to phone and bother the seller to find out price. Erm, and I'm nosey!!!

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
used to but not anymore. If I had thought like that wouldnt have my fab boy!!

He was ex grade A and has taught me loads. Had I even seen photos (which I did later via email and thought at the time I woudnt be near what they wanted for him!!), my budget was £1700, the horse was worth a lot more BUT they didnt advertise his skills at all, very plain advert and it was clear when I spoke to them that he was talented, BUT home more important and the promise of him never being affiliated again, for him to have fun and enjoy his retirement from professional jumping.

I got him at a steal as I was the right person and home for him, had I seen pictures and they had put a price like that on him they would have been flooded with enquiries.

As it was they turned away many people before I came along, people that just wanted to jump and jump him! - they even told one girl to get off him lol!!

So dont be put off, its always worth asking if the horse looks like what you want.......if its a blatant POA yes probably shed loads, but if it doesnt say at all, ASK before assuming its silly money, it may indeed be a lot lower than you think!!

BTW my boy was a bargain in the end, and fitted my price range (plus they shipped him over for me and paid for my tickets to go over and try him!!).

teapot

Visit site
location annoys me too especially if it's a share advert

But big bug bear numero uno is overpricing. You know little welsh c I was sharing? The price it's up for sale at is just laughable

gnubee

Visit site
Maybe the reason so many people with horses that really dont look like theyre worth tens of thousands now are POAing is that there is little value in putting up the price you're asking anyway. If you ask £2000 for a £2000 horse people want to know whats wrong with it because everything similar is on for 4k. If you advertise at 4K people want to know why you wont knock of 60% because thats what the last three people they called for horses at that amount were willing to go down to. Given that no one trusts advertised prices anymore anyway, perhaps advertising POA is seen as a way of weeding out people who arent willing to be realistic about price.

Having said that, it does annoy the heck out of me.
Cant decide whether to ring up and offer £1000 for every unpriced horse out there or not call about any of them ever.

evsj

Visit site
I think people who don't name a price in ads then tailor the price to the person who enquires. i.e. the more daft or minted someone sounds (if it is possible to judge wealth through someones voice?) the higher the price.

Example: I know someone who recently sold a horse through horsemart recently. They offered horse to me at 2k, told someone else on yard they wanted 3.5k and then sold her to some poor unsuspecting punter through the ad for undisclosed amount!!