RANT ----really revolting Farrier at friend's yard!!!!

Rosyryan

Visit site
Whilst visiting a friend's yard I had the "pleasure" of meeting her farrier, without doubt the most sexist rude arrogant PIG in the realms of farrierdom. I've dealt with late ones, tired ones, double-booked ones, pissed off ones, but never anything like this CREEP!!! When she commented that I didn't seem to like *****, I replied that considering that you have just given hima cheque for £300, I would at least expect him to have been reasonably polite. He wolud have to be the most fantastic farrier in the world for me to advise anyone to employ him he was keen to increase his client base. Also was a bit shirty with 1 of the yearlings even when she was there, didn't shoe as well as my farrier either imho of course!!!!Bl**dy man GRRRR, rant over
tongue.gif

Rosyryan

Visit site
Hampshire, I spoke to my farrier re him and he said "oh him he's right up himself", which is quite damning because I've known my farrier for 12 years and he never says a mean thing about anybody. I live in Bath btw friend has yard in Hampshire.
wink.gif

jennystreek

Visit site
the one i am thinking about used to live in kent. He was an animal, and caught him beating up our pony just because he moved one of his legs (even though the farrier wasnt shoeing him at the time!!)

He used to try and bully people, and tell me off (in a very intimidating way) for stupid things, ie not turning the horse in the right direction, or tying up in the wrong place.......unfortunately i was too young and shy at the time - would certainly give him an earful if he tried to be like that now! Also tried to embarass me and my mum by talking about sexual things etc......yuk

Keep on seeing him in magazines, writing about new techniques for shoeing etc.....makes me mad reading the articles, especially as our pony (and the rest that he shod) always went lame the day after being shod in his "revolutionary" way!!

got a lovely farrier now - no grief whatsoever..only complaint would be the time he wastes "cuddling" and talking to my horse all the time as if he's human!!

miniemy

Visit site
Hammie

I have had exactly the same experiance with the two farriers I had the first one was a nasty piece of work and is very well used in the Bexley/Kent area.

My current farrier is just fab and spends as much time scratching and talking to the horse as he does shoeing it. But he is from the 'old school' unlike these young lads who are only interested in shoeing them quick to make as much money as possible.

Maybe we have the same farriers LOL
grin.gif