RANT - What would you do?!

druid

Visit site
At the start of the year I was selling a few of my saddles, I posted one to someone from another forum who I know quite well & I trust (I've met them a few times etc.) well it's been 6 months now since they had it, but apparently it doens't fit her horse..fair enough so post it back then. I've sent increasingly p*ssed off messages/emails/texts and there's always an "I'm busy", "I can't find a box" etc. excuse

Really the saddle is an old cheapy I'm not desperate for back but the rudeness and ignorance is getting to me.

What would you do?
i

GatefieldHorses

Visit site
Go to citizens advice and see where you stand as i wouldnt know if you stood anywhere unless you had proof thats its yours and proof that she/he agreed to buy it :S

xEMPx

Visit site
6 months??.................That is seriously taking the mikey!! Dont text as its a escape route. Be firm and say i want it back somene else is collecting it to buy it.

M_G

Visit site
I would kick up a huge stink

I had this with a wintec I let the YO's mrs borrow with a view to buy she had it for 4 months when I asked if she was buying it..No it dosent fit, can I have it back then as I have someone who wants to buy it.....She was like but I am using it.

turns out she then told all who would listen that I was a right bitch as I wanted my saddle back WTF???
I decided then never again sorry but it seems you have the same it may take a visit and demanding it be handed over
Good luck

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Wow that is rude. I would just demand payment for it and tell them that there unreasonable behaviour is unfair. Do you have evidence that you posted it? The other alternative is you maybe get someone to go and pick it up for you under the pretence they are interested in it?

druid

Visit site
Thanks guys..

CAB..will have a look at that route

No she hans't paid for it
mad.gif

I have proof of postage but no proof the saddle is mine..damn, never thought of that
frown.gif

I think the "Someone else wants it", a courier will be picking it up at X time, line will be a good idea

annaellie

Visit site
I had a friend in a similar situation another girl on the yard approched my friend about buying her saddle but asked if she could take it now as she did not get paid till end of the month, my friend agreed and it was settled that payment would be made on the last day of month. Nine months later still no payment my friend tried all the nice ways to try and get her money, she was then made out to be the bad one by this lady, In the end the lady was going to a show and put the saddle in the trailer and my friends dad went in and took it as she always had her tackroom locked this was the only time. Sometimes you just have to not be so nice I would call her and assure her that either she pays up oryou will collect the saddle.

Tia

Visit site
I totally agree that this is out of order. Personally I would go onto that forum and make a post outright asking her if she is going to send it back or buy it!! Sorta naming and shaming so to speak.

Patches

Visit site

I'm in a similar situation myself with a saddle I sent away on approval early Spring.

However, I did say I wasn't in any rush for the money at the time. Having had a chat via pm a couple of months ago my saddle is now being returned, which is fine. My "buyer" is genuinely struggling to source a box for the saddle though. I do feel for her and I have every confidence that the saddle will be returned in due course.

Don't know what else to suggest to you though. I've not met my buyer and she lives a fair way from me to just go and collect the saddle. If your buyer is local to you, maybe that's an avenue you could explore.

druid

Visit site
I've said that to her Weezy - wasn't hard for me to get a box to send it to her! The local supermarket is happy to give them away!

druid

Visit site
Right - done, thanks guys!! (Oh and she "offered" to pay for the courier...damn right you'll pay for the courier you silly cow!!!)