****RANT****

Lill

Visit site
Am fed up with the instructer/livery at our yard - A. She uses Holly on a Thursday evening for lessons which i can just about put up with. But thought i would get there to find her using Holly for a lesson for someone who can barely ride (who would in effect ruin Holly without realising) but no she was using Spud but with HOLLY'S SADDLE. So pissed off and reckon she did that on purpose as last time we had Spud in she said her own saddle fitted spud quite well and that she'd use that. So i didn't ride Holly to try make a point. Although i think if i get there and find her using Holly's saddle next week i will simply plonk A's own saddle on Holly and see what she says then. Was so [****] off. Don't see why i should be put out just so she can use whatever she wants for her lesson to make some money for herself. Maybe later i should try A's saddle on Holly in front of her and declare 'oh that fits quite nicely' and if she asks why tell her i plan on using it next Wednesday ??? I might not have minded so much if she'd at least had the decency to ask me if that would be ok.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
What so are your horses on working livery? If so they should have asked permission and do you have some kind of contract drawn up?

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
So is Holly on working livery? I'm confused sorry!

Is Spud yours??

She hasnt the right to be putting YOUR saddle on another horse without your say so.
Why don't you just ask her to NOT use Holly's saddle on another horse?

Lill

Visit site
No Holly she is allowed to use in her lessons on a Thursday and sometimes for a hack on a Saturday and it was helping me out as the people who ride her Thursday are much better at flatwork than me but now am not so sure as she seems to be getting bad habits. Anyway she didn't use her last night just the saddle which meant that i couldn't ride Holly myself.

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No Holly she is allowed to use in her lessons on a Thursday and sometimes for a hack on a Saturday and it was helping me out as the people who ride her Thursday are much better at flatwork than me but now am not so sure as she seems to be getting bad habits. Anyway she didn't use her last night just the saddle which meant that i couldn't ride Holly myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry I am very muddled is spid yours? They have no right to take advantage of your trust though if you havent allready got a contract get one asap

horsegirl

Visit site
It makes no sense, is Spud your horse? Why is she using your saddle on a different horse, where is Spud's saddle? Just ask her not to use youe saddle on other horses, maybe it was a mistake?

I don't think a few lessons with a beginner is going to "ruin" your horse, is she going to forget her schooling at once?

Lill

Visit site
Spud belongs to someone else at the yard. She was using Holly's saddle AND bridle on Spud at one point till i got fed up and made him up a bridle from random bits of tack and found a new saddle for Holly.

Just does my head in, thought that was really inconsiderate.

(Random Ques)
Although surely if a saddle fits a pony fairly well but the person riding is unbalanced would that hurt the pony's back?

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think a few lessons with a beginner is going to "ruin" your horse, is she going to forget her schooling at once?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree pickles on working livery and does quite a bit of introducing adults to riding before they ride some of the more responsive horses, he doesnt change because of it

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Spud belongs to someone else at the yard. She was using Holly's saddle AND bridle on Spud at one point till i got fed up and made him up a bridle from random bits of tack and found a new saddle for Holly.

Just does my head in, thought that was really inconsiderate.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you own holly and her tack, but someone used your saddle on spud! thats just stealing someones stuff! I would get angry and tell her to stop using my saddle or else

Lill

Visit site
Sorry but i think it may well do. Holly is still young and i am having trouble with her schooling as it is so i don't want her being used for a beginner.

I don't know i was too cross last night to speak to her to be honest!! Will have to say something later though.

Spud's saddle was in the tack room as she doesn't think it fits him properly... theres also another 3 or 4 spare ones there why did she have to use mine?!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
(Random Ques)
Although surely if a saddle fits a pony fairly well but the person riding is unbalanced would that hurt the pony's back?

[/ QUOTE ]

I reckon so. Then again, a very unbalanced rider in very well-fitting tack could hurt a pony's back.
BTW, totally out of order for her to use your tack without asking. I think you should've got very cross then and there so she understands in no uncertain terms that it's unacceptable.
Besides, I'm sure I've read somewhere that you shouldn't put saddles on different horses as it can alter the shape of the saddle and actually STOP it fitting your horse.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
This is a good reason why working livery is a pain.

You need to speak to the instructor & tell her/him that your tack is for use on your horse! It is not to be used on other horses.

If the instructor wants people to ride her horses then she's going to have to go out & buy some correctly fitting tack for her horses. She's got a damnb cheek using other peoples tack on her hown horses. This cannot be part of any agreement either verbal or written you have with the instructor.

Lill

Visit site
Thing is its not even working livery!! She's just allowed to use Holly for a lesson on a Thursday cos it was helping me and i don't mind if Holly gets hacked out on a Sat cos i'm not often there to ride her and that'll do her no harm!

PS Spud's not hers either! And am gonna take my tack home next Tues evening i think this might solve the problem if its not there she can't use it not that it should have to come to that really!

Skhosu

Visit site
I wouldn't let her use my horse at all TBH! sounds like a bad idea with her being too big for her boots and you think the horses schooling is deterioating(sp?). DO you get any money? What benefit is it to you if you say a beginner can be put on her?

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are?? My head is spinning. I didn't understand a word of that LOL!