Rascher Hopes retired...

Jiffy

photobucket.com

Emile Faurie announced the retirement of Rascher Hopes after completing his grand prix freestyle test at the 2006 Blue Waters National Dressage Championships at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire.

The 15-year-old 16.1hh Danish-bred gelding, who is owned by Leonie Porter and Hilary Sawyer, received a standing ovation after an emotional farewell speech by British Dressage chairman Desi Dillingham.

“Streaky” has had an illustrious international career spanning six years, which included being a member of the British team at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. He was only nine at the time and the highest-placed horse in the British team. He also represented Britain at the 2001 European Championships, 2002 World Equestrian Games and won team bronze at the 2003 Europeans at Hickstead.

Emile, who finished fourth on 70.85% with Streaky in the grand prix freestyle, said: “It is nice to go out on a high. He is the smallest horse with the biggest heart and has been a wonderful ambassador for British dressage.”

P9160619.jpg

*Sniffles*
frown.gif

And again...

Streaky.jpg

Not ridden by Emile in this photo.

Alibear

Visit site
eek crikey hasn't 6 years flown by I remember him being the new boy coming through the ranks.

Bet he's got a nice life lined up somewhere though.

Wonder which one will be RD's next top horse??

Halfstep

Visit site
He'll certainly leave a big gap in the GP line ups in this country! What a great campaigner. I did wonder if he would be retired this year, as I thought he looked perhaps not quite as supple as usual in the GP on saturday. Hope he enjoys his retirement - but I'm sure Emile will miss riding him!