Rat poison

lhotse

Visit site
I have noticed a few things disturbed over the last week, so decided that it's time to feed the rats, as they must be moving back indoors.
So, I put a plate of nice blue bait down, they eat a fai bit of it so put some more down.
Now the little sods have covered it up with bits of straw and paper, it's almost like they've had a taste, and are now covering it up as a warning to others!!! They really are intelligent, but can they really know that it's not good for them??
Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I have noticed a few things disturbed over the last week, so decided that it's time to feed the rats, as they must be moving back indoors.
So, I put a plate of nice blue bait down, they eat a fai bit of it so put some more down.
Now the little sods have covered it up with bits of straw and paper, it's almost like they've had a taste, and are now covering it up as a warning to others!!! They really are intelligent, but can they really know that it's not good for them??
Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Rats are extremely intelligent and they communicate information to each other too. Never make the same mistake twice, and will observe if another of their kind is killed and avoid a similar situation. Pesky things. They come in every year after the wheat is cut. I noticed my wild bird peanuts were completely disappearing over night. When it got dark I decided to watch out of an upstairs window and was horrified to see about twenty of them (no exaggeration) running up the tree and along the finest branches and twigs and hanging off the bird feeder! Unbelieveable. Now I have to take the feeders in ever night and hope they take the poison in the bait stations.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
they cover it to hide it so they can keep coming back to it, a rat has to eat roughly it's own body weight of some of the poisons before it dies and they rarely manage that in 1 or even 2 days:)