Rather bizarre picture promoting the GB modern pentathlon team

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Eek! :eek:

13427795_10153884893247600_6166701506319850470_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/TeamGB/pho....8833217599/10153884893247600/?type=3&theater

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

HashRouge

Visit site
Alternative interpretations.

Whilst out riding one day, John came across the naked rambler, who for some reason was feeling a little shy that day. Unfortunately they interrupted a duel between Alicia and Henrietta over a boyfriend dispute. Sadly, Alicia thought the duel was with guns and Henrietta brought her sword.

Hahaha that's brilliant! Doesn't the girl on the right (Henrietta :p) have her eyes closed? I mean, couldn't they have got one with her eyes open at least!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Alternative interpretations.

Whilst out riding one day, John came across the naked rambler, who for some reason was feeling a little shy that day. Unfortunately they interrupted a duel between Alicia and Henrietta over a boyfriend dispute. Sadly, Alicia thought the duel was with guns and Henrietta brought her sword.

Ha ha!! Henrietta is closing her eyes at the embarrassment of being unsuitably equipped. ;)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
and surely you'd have 5 people to display all the sports?
I fancy the horse has got his eyes closed too!

nikicb

www.facebook.com

A non horsey friend shared this on FB and commented that the horse looked terrified. I replied that he looked utterly humiliated by the whole thing. And I guess the girl with the gun is also a runner. The swimmer does look very uncomfortable, not sure whether that is due to his skimpy attire, or worrying he will have his feet trodden on. All in all, rather strange.

ester

Visit site
I like the facebook comment that it could only have been made worse by standing the swimmer in a paddling pool :D :D :D

Annagain

Visit site

I think the run and shoot are combined now aren't they? They run a few laps and have to stop at a certain point on each lap to shoot.

I think they should combine the riding and fencing too. They can't possibly do any worse at that than a lot of them did in the riding phase in London. Those poor horses.

ester

Visit site
I think the run and shoot are combined now aren't they? They run a few laps and have to stop at a certain point on each lap to shoot.

I think they should combine the riding and fencing too. They can't possibly do any worse at that than a lot of them did in the riding phase in London. Those poor horses.

Jousting then? ;)

Nicnac

Visit site
Budgie smugglers; bare feet; a horse; a gun and a sword - what could possibly go wrong......

Ridunculous ad - hope it is tongue in cheek if not they should fire their ad agency!

Nicnac

Visit site

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I much prefer the 2012 version....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...announced-by-British-Olympic-Association.html

At least that one seems to have been taken by an actual photographer, they have thought about the background, there is some colour, and everyone has their eyes open!!!

Also, on the 2012 version someone knows how to use Phtotshop to make the picture ping, bring out the colours, make it look as we would want it to look, like a powerful dream.

Last edited:

MagicMelon

Visit site
What a dreadful photograph! The photographer should be shot! Although looks like it was taken by a buddy with an iphone... GB Pentathlon Team, we could do you a far better photograph!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I'm waiting and cringing at the thought of the horse jumping onto those bare feet having experienced how much jumping onto horse boot clad feet hurts! He won't be participating in the pentathlon if that happens!
Surprised health and safety has allowed it!