Raw food and kibble

Serephin

Visit site
Currently I am feeding the mini beast fish4dogs, as James Wellbeloved made her disgustingly farty - on a recent trip to the pet shop I spotted in the freezer section Nature's Own Raw Dog food - it comes in cubes and there are various different types, ie: chicken and veg, etc. I chose a bag which had a mix of chicken, heart, tripe and some other things I can't remember off hand.

I wondered how mini beast would take to it, and defrosted one little cube overnight - I tentatively gave it to her for breakfast this morning and she scoffed the lot - which was good.

My question is, can she still have kibble and these cubes? I am planning on giving her two cubes for breakfast, and then she will have kibble available for the rest of the day. Is this okay? I have read that it is good for them to have some raw, so this way seems quite easy for me and the OH, so we are more likely to feed her some raw without having to do the whole butcher thing which makes us both want to puke! lol

whisp&willow

Visit site
my understanding is that you can feed a combination diet of raw and kibble- but not together in the same meal!

raw and dry are digested differently so if fed together can cause problems.

i have started giving betty some raw chicken wings/ raw meaty bones in the morning when she's out in her kennel, and she gets her dry meal in the evenings.

x

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Probably better for her teeth and your pocket to get chicken wings, hold while she eats the first week or so or she might gulp them too quickly. One of the points of raw food is to get the dog to chew raw bones in a more natural way.