RC ODE @ Keysoe - Sunday

CrazyHippo1

Visit site
*runs to look*

Im just in the novice, only ones that make me a little :s are fence 4...looks big?! And the last fence..not sure what my horse will make of that, hopefully she'll be a bit tired by then and just run to the other horses!

Safina

Visit site
I think fence 4 is shared with my class (intermediate) - hopefully its just a flyer fence and you can really kick on at it!

I am incredibly nervous about the drop, dogleg to an oval skinny on my fence.

Oh well - kick on, sit up and give them a huge pat when its all over and they've got you round safely thats what I say!

Nats_uk

Visit site
The main fences on the course that worry me are fence 9 (how do they expect me to get near the log with all those flowers in front of it
confused.gif
crazy.gif
), fence 11 (again flowers!!!) and the last one (which me and a couple of others have nicknamed the gazebo of death
wink.gif
tongue.gif
)

H_J

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The gazebo jumps well, don't fly at it though, just 'showjump' it.

The horses don't notice the roof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good piece of advice, whether people listen or not is another matter
grin.gif

apparently there were lots of W/D last week because the ground was so hard, with this rain now it coul dbe quite slippy
crazy.gif

Nats_uk

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
LOL - the gazebo of death. Yes, I am planning on SJ'ing it just to be sure!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto - I was thinking of that anyway (that is if I get into the gazebo in the first place!lol!)

vik100

Visit site
We went last week and are going on Sunday with another horse, and the ground was a tad on the firm side but it was OK. They do so much to prepare it, there weren't that many withdrawals, and of course the show jumping is on the lovely huge surfaced arena. Good luck everyone who is going - we are riding for Foresters in the afternoon.

Thistle

Visit site
Keysoe drains quite well, wheer the ground has been aggravated the rain will be able to soak right in.

We have been schooling there 1/2 hour after a torrential downpour that flooded the roads and it was ok.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Back from walking the course.

Ground seems good, Novice course is big for a course described as 85 with some at 90. 11 jumps out of 21 are over 85 and a number of them are over 90. Jump 4 is full up 90 high and 1m across the top. Jump 5 is well over 90 and the corner is wide. I understand it's the old PN corner and alternative. That brush, at the top, is between 1.05 and 1.10 and solid. I can't see anything except a tank being able to "brush" through it. It's also close to the fence line.

Might be interesting!

Hope everyone going there enjoys it and has a good safe round.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I was just back in and was going to say I'd been told that there were alterations. Thank goodness for that!