RC Team dressage report

trendybraincell

Visit site
Its been a rather eventful lead up to the team dressage yesterday. Another livery and I made up the Novice half of the team with Miss_C and another RC member doing the Prelim.

I was getting a lift with the girl from my yard, but she sold her lorry and it went to its new home last week :eek: luckily the dad of another livery kindly said we could use their lorry, we were a bit concerned as both Shadow and Vogue can be difficult to load so we'd been planning how we would best approach the situation. I got the the yard thursday and got told that Vogue had a cut right across the width of her tongue so she was out of action :( We could still go as a team of 3 but that really put the pressure on. So, another livery came to our rescue and donated her horse for the day :eek:

So yesterday comes round, I had an early start plaiting everything an loading the lorry etc. The owner of the donated horse drove us their as its her old lorry. Other livery was up first, and despite only having sat on the horse the day before she put in a stellar performance. He's a gent of the horse, but not easy to ride and the judge picked up on all the obvious problems, but the test was mistake free. She got a very respectable 62. something. Placed 13th, but 13th to 7th were all within 1% of eachother :eek:

The Welsh Cob and I were up next. I have a real problem of recent forgetting my tests half way through, I have even been going wrong with a caller so I was uncharacteristically nervous :( The warm up was mayhem, I'm just so grateful the cob is unflappable. headed over to the test arena, pushed for a few big mediums before starting.

I didn't ride him to the best of my ability, but I was more focused on riding the correct movements and accurately. I got to the end, was so pleased about not making a mistake I was all ready to hug the pony so my salute was a little muddled :rolleyes: Anyway, I finished 5th with 66.1% (first was 68.1% so not far off)

The most fun was had on the drive home :D the borrowed lorry is a 31 year old bedford :eek: and other livery had to drive it back (having never driven it before). It took us several tries to get the ramp up and closed properly, it took another 10 minutes to get it started and find a gear...any gear. Then I had to hold the gate whilst she drove through and run to jump in after! The whole drive back people were laughing at us, probably because of the look of terror on her face :D But we made it back in one piece and I'm very proud of her for driving!

Have permission to post this picture from our photographer friend

423898_10150607042328380_581833379_9437532_1354298150_n.jpg

Sour cream & chive crisps with giant red bull can for getting to the end :p

SpottedCat

Visit site
Oh we have a mutual photographer friend as I have seen that pic on FB! I used to have a 1975 bedford - they take some driving! Sounds like you all had a great day, well done.

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
Haha sorry that's so funny about people laughing at your terrified faces :)

Photo is beautiful, and your friend's 62% is quite an achievement with a horse that you've only ridden once! :eek:

Mince Pie

Visit site
31 year old Bedford:

29794_1351498079104_1580945944_813556_1109280_n.jpg

:D

Well done on your day, how lovely of everyone to help out with borrowed horses/lorries!

trendybraincell

Visit site
Yes measles, I think the journey home was probably the most entertaining thing!!

Spottedcat, he's such a lovely bloke and to go trekking all over the place taking pictures.

FB, we couldn't work out on the journey there why our friend kept getting so annoyed that people weren't indicating at roundabouts. It wasn't until the drive home we realised it because you need three months to prepare the lorry and change gears!!

Did the photographer get any pics of you miss_c?

Hehe...I think I need a pic of the faithful old lorry!

dafthoss

Visit site
Look at the welsh one go! :D
Sorry but I had to laugh at the immage of you running to the lorry because yiour friend didnt want to stop again :p