Re: can someone help or advise

Archiespearls123

New User
Visit site
Hi there I have taken over a new building for my business it also comes with ten stables and 12 acres of land perfect for grazing which is all fenced off and looks really nice as the previous owner had his own horses on there but I now have the whole lot and all I really require is the one barn for my business so I was looking at renting some stables out and the land for horses it is spilt into 2 large fields with secure gates I will be putting cctv up shortly so all the yard will be covered as I really have no experience of horses it would have to be looked after by the owners of the horse I could provide some jumps and things if people would use them but I was wondering if this sort of thing is ok to do and was wondering what i could charge per stable per week or per month yard has all electrics and running water thanks in advance and any info will be greatfully received also yard is 1 minute from m4 junction 32 llantrisant

Mince Pie

Visit site
I'm sure it would be really appreciated! However if you are not horsey my advice is to employ a yard manager who is trustworthy and hand the running of the yard over to them, or rent the whole lot out to someone who will run it themselves and just pay you a flat amount per month, that way you don't have to worry about anything.

Archiespearls123

New User
Visit site
Hi there and thank you for the reply I dont really want to employ any one to run the stables I was just wondering if people do rent stables and look after the horses themselves and what sort of price I could charge per stable or something like that as I wont be able to do anything with them as I know absolutely nothing about horses but I seems a waste of all that land to do nothong with it

be positive

Visit site
You would not find it viable to employ anyone to run it but to let out individual stables may also be more trouble that it is worth, by the time you pay the overheads, keep on top of maintenance and deal with the numerous complications along the way such as the days someone fails to turn up, the petty squabbles that go on when no one is there to run the place, without equine experience you could end up feeling it is too much hassle, as the YO you will ultimately be responsible for the horses on the yard if things go wrong such as they get out because the fencing gets broken.

Letting the whole lot on a tenancy so that someone else is responsible looking after the property, for running a business or for their own private use may bring in slightly less but it will be far less trouble in the long run.

I would think you could get from £10- 25 per box per week depending on which option you choose and what facilities there are, possibly more if there is an arena or good hacking although 10 boxes and 12 acres if full the land will need careful management to avoid becoming spoilt.