RE - Horse / traffic accidents...

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
After reading several posts on here regarding traffic accidents with horses, i made up and wrote a status on fb.
My thoughts behind it were that 1/2 of my friends on there are school friends and are not horsey.

Since i posted it, the status has recieved 13 'likes' and, unforseen by me, has been copied and pasted by 6 other friends as their status.

I didnt expect other people to copy it - but by doing so, it means 6 other peoples friend lists will now read it.

The status i wrote was -

*A PLEA TO ALL MY NON HORSEY FRIENDS*
Horses dont dent - they die. A horse coming through your windscreen wont just write off your car - it may very well kill you.
If you drive somewhere where horses are present please SLOW DOWN. It will take you all of 60 seconds to slow down and pass safely without killing horse / rider / yourself.

I thought id pop it on here so as others may use it if they wish.
If it makes just one person from everyones friend list realise and think, surely its got to be worth doing?

brucethegypsycob

Visit site
hi - thanks - i have posted this to my website. many years ago a colleague of mine was killed whilst riding her horse. even tho i ride around quiet country backroads i am always very very wary of cars. my horse is fine passing cars. its me that doesnt like it! oh - and always wear lots of hi viz - the" polite " ones are brill.

welshcobmad

Visit site
Already had 1 copy it, 3 likes on hers 2 on mine plus complaint about it being aimed just at the non horsey lol, but as far as I'm concerned thats where most of the problem lies