Re JM's 'Dogmeat'

Fairynuff

Visit site
what a waste
shocked.gif
. heres a link to some italian recipes. I think most of us have the main ingredient to hand! If I wasnt a horse mummy, I would probably eat it quite happily
blush.gif
Mairi.
tongue.gif

PS, if anyone would like a translation-feel free to ask
wink.gif

D

Donkeymad

hehe - love it.

Whoops, shall probably get nasty Pm's now
frown.gif

I'm NOT going to eat my horses!!

Ezme

Visit site
I've been around horses for over half my life and I still have no issues about horses for meat. They have very lean nutritious meat and like any other meat reared animal, as long as their raised and transported humanely I couldn't care less.

Fairynuff

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
you little minx Mairi.....

i shall be getting more hate-mail now!
wink.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
he he he, youre all invited to dinner
smirk.gif

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you little minx Mairi.....

i shall be getting more hate-mail now!
wink.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
he he he, youre all invited to dinner
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

can i have "filletto"?
grin.gif

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Hey JM, if people send you hate mail its coz they are jealous that you speak your mind and there too afraid too as they don't know what people might think!!!!

I could not eat horse knowingly or dog, tiger, shark, elephant or rhino!!! but that is just my personal preference!!!

Fairynuff

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Crikey, conformation wise of meat horses, their diagram is incredibly accurate!

tagli.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

half brother of the Criollo for sale, do you think?
grin.gif

Rosehip

Visit site
Whilst I wouldnt order horse meat, if I unknowingly ate it I dont think I would be worried...we are sheep farmers and so breed animals for meat. What matters to us is that the lambs have a good life with us, and a stress free trip to market and then the abbatior. Its not eating the animal (whatever that may be) that is a problem for me, its the way in which they are kept, cared for and transported prior to slaughter.
I applaud JM and others like her that have the balls to do the right thing by an animal, and to be able to satnd up and say yes I use abbatiors, but the horse had a great time before he/she went. x

JS65

Visit site
I eat horse meat when i'm abroad, its lovely!

Don't know what all the fuss is about, i love my horses and i would gladly eat them too!

I mean, farmers eat meat don't they?
I would much prefer to eat something i know has been fed properly!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I thought you were going to tell that story (well, not actually fiction) of how horses destined for the plate are/were (?) shipped off the Italian coast are/were (my memory is failing!) thrown overboard so that some drowned and the others... well... you know.

Fairynuff

Visit site
Aahhhh, that story. The black market Argentinian horses! The ships arrive from Argentina after 6 weeks at sea with their holds full of live horsemeat. Seeing as they are 'blackmarket' they cannot dock in the ports as the cargo would be confiscated etc. To get round this they stop in an area called 'Baio del Cavallo' which is still a good few miles out to sea, and they unload their cargo into the sea. Those who manage to swim to shore are then collected, loaded up and taken off to illegal slaughter houses OR, if they are half decent, have the ear tags ripped off their ears or cut off with shears (picture to follow) and sold as riding horses-much like the supposed criollo in JM's post. This is what happened in the past but there is no reason to believe that it doesnt happen today-1st of Feb 2009. They have now gone up in quality, they do the same to cargoes of human beings coming from northern Africa, Iran etc. The islands of Italy now also have humans washed up on the shore
frown.gif
. M.