Re My Post In 'Memory' Tread

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
It has been brought to my attention by a 'helpful' **** that I am a stupid useless cow and shouldn't have dogs . It is because of what I wrote in my post on the memory post when Shortstuff died and I can see how it could be misconstrued if you are an idiot . In my defence of the post I didn't check it before posting as I was upset and for some reason it was raining inside my eyelids and I couldn't see the screen very well . I have always done the best for my animals and when I say I'm sorry I let you down it refers to things that where out of my control and where I tried everything I could but always wonder if I could have just done a bit more . I still find it painful after all these years( in one case 26 yrs after he passed) to talk about it . Anyway I am going to post some pictures ( if I can , searched for the thread on here about posting photos and I couldn't find it so don't hold your breath!) of dogs from over the years . My computer has just gone to be mended (it may be terminal:( ) so spent yesterday afternoon trying to scan photos onto photobucket and only managed a few ( took me a couple of hours! ) and some of them ended up on there four times . WTF! Its very stressful being so useless at this tech stuff ! Anyway here goes . Be kind to me if it goes wrong!:eek:

Blanche

Visit site
Yeah that worked well !!:confused:
scan0026.jpg

scan0026.jpg

Just trying with two to see if it works .

mollichop

Visit site
Aw who's your spotty dog? I lost my Dally 2 years ago and still feel guilt for not doing enough for him at the end. These things happen and i'm sure you didn't let any of your your animals down.

Pics worked fine so put some more up, it's nice to look back at the friends we've lost :)

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Well I've just read your other post and cannot see anything there that could suggest your are stupid and shouldn't have dogs. I am sure we all have the same feelings of guilt and regret when we lose a dog, its normal, but doesn't mean we haven't done the best for them. And yes I have loved some of my dogs more than others, some were just so so special, but I loved them all and boy did they all leave a gap when they went.
Shortstuff looks as if he was a lovely lad.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
What an evil ****** :( it's sadly probably someone you know in 'real life' just trying to wind you up/hurt you.
Dogs can't talk. They cannot tell us what is wrong, or sometimes they are too brave to show us that there is something wrong in the first place. You've done nothing wrong x

Lovely dog, we don't see enough liver dallies :)

Galupy

Visit site
Well I've just read your other post and cannot see anything there that could suggest your are stupid and shouldn't have dogs. I am sure we all have the same feelings of guilt and regret when we lose a dog, its normal, but doesn't mean we haven't done the best for them. And yes I have loved some of my dogs more than others, some were just so so special, but I loved them all and boy did they all leave a gap when they went.
Shortstuff looks as if he was a lovely lad.

^^ this. However much we do for our dogs we wish we could do more because ultimately they have to leave us. Ignore the troublemakers Blanche and know that you did your best for Shortstuff.

Blanche

Visit site
Thanks everyone . :) Made me feel better and not such a witch . I was trying to post pictures so people could see some of my dogs over the years and see they were loved . Didn't go entirely to plan as I managed to post one photo twice and then that was it !!Am going to give it another go and if this doesn't work then I refuse to try anymore and will sulk for evermore!:confused:
The dally is actually called Basil and has been gone nearly five years and was put down at nearly 15 yrs , can't believe he was born nearly 20 yrs ago . Not a good dog by breed standards but was sound to the end and was very intelligent.
This Basil again
scan0010.jpg

This is Shortstuff , what I've always described as long wheel base with low profile tyres and dodgy tracking !! Despite his Queen Anne legs and front feet like paddles he lived till 19 yrs and was sound with only a little arthritis(sp).
scan0012.jpg

The pup on the left was my soulmate , the love of my life , ripped from my life way too soon . RIP J , can't believe this was 1983 . Surely I'm not that old !!

scan0021.jpg

This is H ,gone for 20 yrs now ,not sure when photo was taken
Copyofscan0001.jpg

This is Slinky , really my ******* ex husbands dog but I knew him all his life .
scan0002.jpg

Well I hope this works . I'll try some more another time if it doesn't . Can't believe how many photos I use to take when you had to get them developed . I'm even worse with a digital but they're all on my computer which is at the doctors so if I've cracked this photo lark I might post some another time .

MurphysMinder

Visit site
What gorgeous dogs, you really should enter some of those photos for the AADNE photo competition.
You certainly have had some real oldies over the years, you must have been doing something right.:D