Readyfield opening meet.....

KatB

Visit site
Well we went, on horse back, and survived!! G was brilliant, jumped a couple of the open teamchase fences,a few hedges, ots of ditches, and two of the Novice BE fences on Winkburn course!! Soooo pleased with him! But was very strong, and prob annoyed a few people with our lack of queing manners....
blush.gif
But we survived!! Excellent meet, and brilliantly planned route.....

Did anyone else go? And apologies to anyone we may have tazzed past....
shocked.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
Oh you lucky lucky lady. I was aiming to go with lea but it was decided that we should go with the Rockwood instead. Did they have a good turnout? Is it still as fast as I remember it to be? I MUST get a day out with them this year!!

KatB

Visit site
Yes was a good turn out, and a fab day! Not as mental as used to be.... wasnt complaining today! And we had to queue.... but certainly alot quicker than what you'd be used to from hunting! Lovely fences today though.... Pic in gallery!!
wink.gif

KatB

Visit site
Yes becaue the hedges had been wired except the teamchase fences!! So for the nicest bits, a fair bit of queing, although we did have a few blow outs hedge to hedge!
smile.gif
Fair bit of hedge hopping.... they are still lovely! Lots of annoying kids on ponios that stopped, then just stood there... GRRRR!!!
mad.gif
But overall.... still buzzing!!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Oh hate that, that is how oshk jumped wire on Boxing day, unfortunately they are social meets and attract a lot of people like that, hard to turn away when they keep subs down, but very annoying when you have a horse fighting you to the fence...I love readyfield hedges, my dad tells the most wonderful stories over readyfield way
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
Yes, last time i went with Bob Cob they were pick your own line which was ace. But the hedges are alot bigger now, with only certain bits jumpable.... but oh well! Taught G few manners I hope with the having to wait, but did have to miss a few out because of numb nuts stoppping, and very eager pony!! Still prob one of the best meets possible, especially with playing around Winkburn estate too......
grin.gif