Realistic costs of doing up a horsebox

BethanT

Visit site
I have a Ford Iveco box, 2002 so not old in the grand scheme of things, but it definitely needs tidying up both inside and out.

Clearly I need to save for this as I know that it won't be cheap, but in the real world, roughly what would it cost to do the following;

Ramp - Currently is very heavy and doesn't have overly secure locks in place. Hydraulics would be fab but heard some horror stories, so provided I could do the ramp alone that would be fine.

Living - Update the unit fronts, new hob/fridge. New leisure battery. OH has said he can ask his mum to upholster the cushions etc. But wondering how I can make the walls look smarter? Currently got a fabric on them.

External - Rust patches need sanding down (think OH's friend can get this done). I also want to make it look sleeker, at present you can see the ridges on the outside like an old wooden type box (no idea what you call them!). So would need something to go from the cab all the way round to wrap it?! Then a paint/spray job on top of that.

Tack locker - currently doesn't have any tack lockers, tack just has to go in the living. Now this isn't something I have to have, but would be nice to know how much putting one it would cost on average?

VRIN

Visit site
Wrappng might be an alternative to painting and is cheaper. I had a new ramp - was about 1500 if I recall but has made a huge difference!

BethanT

Visit site
Wrappng might be an alternative to painting and is cheaper. I had a new ramp - was about 1500 if I recall but has made a huge difference!

I think this is what me might be doing, with the aim of a more sleek, newer look. I just forgot what it was called :L