Realistic Goal?

Parkranger

Visit site
We're taking baby steps, getting on with reschooling but the boy is showing potential with jumping (ie he loves it) obviously I need to get flatwork right first but I'm hoping to do our first novice one day event next spring....what do you think are our chances?

We're having a go at some novice dressage in October so I suppose time will tell....really want to have something to aim for though.

Tempi

Visit site
you not doing an intro first? or a PN? or have you already done those on him? (sorry dont know much about his/your background)

Or do you mean you are going to do a little ODE not a BE one?

Benefice1

Visit site
I think she means a little one...

I think its good to have something to aim for, id say go for it, it gives you things to work on over the winter.

Im planning on doing the same, im doing a small (2'3) hunter trial next weekend and then over the winter im going to do some indoor dressage and sj and then come next spring hopefully put it all together to do a ode
crazy.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
How big is novice?? Not really up on eventing or ODE's but i think it is good to have a goal!!

You know your horse and if it will be realistic so if you feel comfortable with it then i cant see why not!!

I think you should go and have some fun
smile.gif

pottamus

Visit site
Yeah! Go for it! I set myself goals like that (not ODE though!!!) and I break the goal down into bits and work on each of the bits and then put it all together! Works for me!