Really chuffed with ebay saddle

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Earlier this week husband bid for a Sue Carson dressage saddle (Tempo model) on ebay. He managed to get it at the last minute for £575 icluding postage and insurance.
It arrived today and I swear is brand new.. no marks on girth straps, unmarked as new seat etc, and guess what, when he fitted it on Diamond it was like a glove..They can be adjusted a lot with the flair system or even a different tree, so for now he will get it fitted to a different horse until she is back in work, then refitted to her.
He rode in it earlier and loved it, though it's a tiny bit wide for Flynn.
If he had bought the saddle from Sue Carson it would be £1700 talk about the bargain of the year..
Now, does anyone want his old saddle, adjusted by means of an allen key you turn to widen/narrow it for every horse... Looks like it might appear on ebay soon!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Lucky you! How brilliant! I'd love a saddle adjustable by allen key but am sooooo seriously skint
frown.gif

Equibeau

Visit site
Jammydevil. I pore over Ebay saddles for hours!! I am so picky needing big blocks and deep seat( short ar$e) that I really feel I would need to ride in them before to know what I like, but I am too much of a push over to say "no" to a saddle fitter!!!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Some Sue Carson's are designed for women, and have a narrow twist and deep seat or not according to your own preference. Peter Storr has worked with them and is now using them too.
The squishy flair underneath makes the horses love them, and every one of ours we have tried in one of them has gone around 30% better immediately.
I reckoned at £560 even if we paid £200 for a different tree we were still a lot less than £1600-1800 they sell at.
We will now pay £50 to get this fitted to the gelding, but if you see the stand at any shows, have a sit in them, they really are something better than the norm.. (and as OH has now had about five different dressage saddles, I promise that's no exagerration)