really fed up!

LessThanPerfect

Visit site
Feeling rather sorry for myself this week, I am a disabled rider with the human equivalent of wobblers syndrome alongside joint and auto-immune disorders. Had to have a new prescription for tachycardia but it interacted with another prescription I was taking and slowed my heart rate down WAY too much so I couldn't go to my stage 1 lesson on Monday (only taking the course, not planning on doing the exam) and going to be touch and go as to whether I can do my schooling lesson Friday.
To make things worse I have just managed to stick my cats insulin syringe into my finger, luckily AFTER I had injected him so it was empty.

Have now resorted to raiding my baking cupboard looking for ANYTHING remotely chocolate flavoured so I am not tempted to eat the nieces' Easter eggs.

Sorry for the moan, I'm in on my own all evening and just feeling a bit down.

Boxers

Visit site
Aw poor you! Eat one of the easter eggs, you have plenty of time to replace it!

Hope you get your meds / heart rate etc sorted out soon and get back to your course.

Can i ask why you are not taking the exam, only doing the course?

happyclappy

Visit site
eat an egg.

sadly i can reach my hubbies easter goodies but cannot get out to replace them. hope you get your meds sorted soon.

why are you injecting your cat may i ask?

cavalo branco

Visit site
Definitely time for a choccy fix! Poor you, not a good day. Watch "Dawn French-ponies" on you tube, it's guaranteed to cheer anyone up- hilarious!! Hope you get sorted soon :) :)

Toffee44

Visit site
Egg and eat!!

Can replace it and buy back up emergency chocolate for your self incase Friday doesn't pan out and you need More chocolate.

Hope you don't need emergency chocolate xx

LessThanPerfect

Visit site
Okay, you have all convinced me, I'll eat an EGG! Not that I needed much convincing.

As regards the cat, one of 4 that we own, he has diabetes and has to be injected with insulin twice daily to keep him alive.

As regards the stage 1 exam, the reason why I am not planning on doing the exam is that there are a lot of exemptions I would need due to my disability and health condition, I have severe mobility problems and use a walking frame so would be unable to demonstrate leading and trotting in hand, plus I can't bear weight or balance on my left leg so need assistance mounting and didmounting and there are a lot of things on the stable management that I can't do the BHS way so I think I would be asking too much to get exemptions. Thinking of doing the progressive tests instead but don't really know whether to bother as I did ABRS TESTS 1-7, I'm really doing the course as I have had an 8 year break.

Last edited:

Supertrooper

Visit site
Big hug, eat the egg/s and definitely watch French&Saunders ponies on YouTube ;-)

Out of interest what meds did you get put on for tachycardia?

LessThanPerfect

Visit site
Big hug, eat the egg/s and definitely watch French&Saunders ponies on YouTube ;-)

Out of interest what meds did you get put on for tachycardia?

Hi, only just realized how to reply with quote--sigh!
It was propranolol which was a beta-blocker which I have been on before several times but never before with thyroid medication which seems to have been the problem.

Supertrooper

Visit site
Sorry to be nosy, I'm on bisoprolol (beta blocker) and also a calcium channel blocker for tachycardia and premature ventricular contractions xxxxxx

Blythe Spirit

Visit site
If you want to get some formal exams (and of course you may simply not want to do that) but if you do i recommend trying the NVQ route. I have coached 2 disabled riders through thar route and it was at least 10 yrs ago more accessible / flexible than the BHS route. One of my students did nvq level 2 even though she could not stand upright unaided. So there are options if your intetested.

LessThanPerfect

Visit site
If you want to get some formal exams (and of course you may simply not want to do that) but if you do i recommend trying the NVQ route. I have coached 2 disabled riders through thar route and it was at least 10 yrs ago more accessible / flexible than the BHS route. One of my students did nvq level 2 even though she could not stand upright unaided. So there are options if your intetested.

Thanks for that Blythe Spirit, I am not against formal exams by any means but I am now 49 and unlikely to be in a position to ever return to work of any kind so they are not really that important to me.

my instructor thought the course would be good for me to get used to riding and mixing with others as until I returned to the RDA I had rarely been out of the house in 7 years so have both socio-phobia and agoraphobia, I usually have private lessons. The next step is having the nerve to go out on a hack, one of the other RDA riders took me to Vale View to watch the paradressage recently and I coped with that but I wasn't' riding and it was indoors, I just need to stop being such a wuss!

Tobiano

Visit site
Hey OP sounds like you have made great progress going to RDA and doing the Stage 1 lessons. Think you should award yourself an easter egg in recognition :)

LessThanPerfect

Visit site
Thanks everyone! Great advice to watch French and Saunders ponies-Takes me right back to being a kiddie, and I even have the "white horses", "galloping home"(Black Beauty) and " The Lightning Tree" (Follyfoot) themes on my mp3 player!!

LessThanPerfect

Visit site
Fair enough re exams - important thing is to enjoy what you do do. We all have our wussiness triggers i think and yes pushing the bounderies can be fun. Summers nearly here so i hope you enjoy that hack sometime soon! Good luck!
Thanks, Blythe
Will let you know WHEN I have succeeded!