Really gutted, why does selling horse never get any easier?

ElleJS

Visit site
Pointless post but Just really really sad to see my lovely mare go to her new home today, didn't want to sell her but couldn't say no in the end. (Thanks to all who helped me with the how much post!)
Have sold lots of ponies before but this one was special and i've got a broken heart!! Here's to my clever bay mare and wishing her all the success in the future!!

So now if anyone knows of any other shiny scopey superstars for sale please point them in my direction!!!

The one good side is that my bank manager will be in a good mood with me for once..... but not for long no doubt!
smile.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Well done for selling her, it's a horrid tense period waiting for vettings etc. Hope you didnt waste too much time with pointless viewings.

Good luck finding something new. Maybe you could put some money towards embryo transfer for Connie.... I would like to reserve a foal please
tongue.gif

deskbound

Visit site
It truly sucks, but if you know in your heart of hearts you've done the right thing, then... when the right money comes along, you've got to be (a) a millionaire or (b) plain crazy to turn it down. Have a large glass of wine, remember the good times, and get hunting for a new shiny pony!!

*is off to shop to locate wine to toast to shiny new pony*

redmerl

Visit site
Oh sorry your feeling sad.

I can understand as my beloved horse when to a new home earlier in the year.

At lease you can take your mind off it a little with the search for a new one.

Rosiefan

Visit site
Sad day but you still have the lovely, clever Connie. I'm sure you'll find another goodun before too long
smile.gif

Bubblegum

Visit site
O I feel for you. Hugs from me.
frown.gif

She sounded like such a superstar, and I hope you get great pleasure in watching her flourish with her new owner.
smile.gif

Kentisheventer

Visit site
Thats good and bad news- you can look for another horse but shame you had to let her go... hope she does well at her next home
smile.gif

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
<font color="blue"> when the right money comes along, you've got to be (a) a millionaire or (b) plain crazy to turn it down </font>

Well I'm certainly no millionaire, but been offered stupid money for ponies we wouldn't dream of putting a price on.

ElleJS

Visit site
Yeah agree with all your sentiments! Boss- she wasn't even advertised! But, yes the xrays and vettings are traumatic!!! Going to be sad tomorrow morning when I don't see her friendly face demanding breakfast
frown.gif

Gamebird

Visit site
PLease don't - I've got two for sale
crazy.gif
. Going XC on Carthorse on Saturday knowing that it would be the last time ever was very sad
frown.gif

Gamebird

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
GB - i had no idea yours were for sale?? Laura - sending hugs to you
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh, I did a post on it the other day but basically I think Carthorse has had enough of eventing (or more specifically the SJing part) and is going to struggle to go any further. He's only 8 and while he's happy at Novice he's never really been happy with the bigger SJing tracks. Individual fences are fine! He's a natural born hunter and he is for sale as a Master's horse as he seems so much happier doing that than eventing. Had a few enquiries from Beaufort/Quorn/B&amp;SV etc. which sound right up his street.

The mare I have was bought very cheaply at the beginning of the summer with the intention of blasting round a few Intros and selling her. She's nice, but not 'my' horse.

Hopefully I will be looking for something very smart and with Int/1* potential very soon
smile.gif

ElleJS

Visit site
Oh sorry Gamebird- i've been abroad for the last week so a bit out of the loop on the fast moving world of HHO!!!
Thats so sad
frown.gif
but sounds like a hard but right choice, hope he ends up in a lovely home.
Perhaps we can go horse shopping together!!
smile.gif