Really mad at a poster on here- timewasting!

charlie76

Visit site
A member of this forum was supposed to be coming to look at some horses I have for sale.

Having spent 2 hours trimming, clipping, tack cleaning, washing and grooming, taking up a member of staffs time and reorganising lessons to allow the aena to be free they JUST DIDN'T TURN UP!!

GRRRRRR

No phone call or anything!
confused.gif
mad.gif

siennamum

Visit site
Give them a decent amount of time to come up with a life or death type excuse and if none forthcoming, name them. Absolutely infuriating when this happens.

charlie76

Visit site
I haven't named them as I didn't want to cause too much agro but they have only posted on here a few times so perhaps I can?????.......

charlie76

Visit site
OK- here goes- now there may be a genuine reason but contact might be nice!!

It was bikewidow!

(Going off to hide under a rock!)

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
something similar happened to me on sunday- had 3 people wanting to see horse on sunday, but first one who asked got to come. they couldnt come till 1, but spent all morning getting him white, putting the jumps out in the field, basically organising my day around it. about half an hour before they where meant to arrive, they phoned to say they couldnt make it, they didnt even give a reason. so that wrecked it for everyone! but at least they had the decency to phone..!

Tufty

Visit site
I saw who it was from the posts, sounded like a time waster to me wanting to pay £8,000 for a happy hack ! a dealers dream

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I saw who it was from the posts, sounded like a time waster to me wanting to pay £8,000 for a happy hack ! a dealers dream

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats unfair - if you had read the post properly she said that all she could find was 8k+ and she hadnt won the lottery yet - nothing at all in her posts to make her sound like a time waster at all

JessPickle

Visit site
You cant say you thought she was a timewaster thats just looking for mistakes! because you know she could be you are trying to look at the post and find reasons why she could have been a time waster

ETS: sorry didnt mean to post the same as weezy

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I was saying not on at her not turning up and not saying anything about the 8k thing. didn't remember reading that post anyway, but maybe they have a reason - give a chance and then see, even so its bad manners.
frown.gif

Tufty

Visit site
sorry obviously read it wrong !! taking cover - well lets see what happens next better than the six o clock news

Happytohack

Visit site
Not surprised you are spitting feathers! They don't deserve one of your horses, hope you get someone genuine soon - I can vouch how lovely your horses are! (We are looking for a new lorry for the wonderful girl at the moment as our old one wasn't quite big enough).

MagicMelon

Visit site
Who cares if she has an excuse?! Sorry, but manners should be in place to simply CALL you to let you know or at LEAST have the decency to call you as soon as possible after to explain.

I get morons like this ALL the time when I try to sell a horse, "sure we'll come and see the horse at blah time on blah day" - spend ages grooming horse etc. then they never appear. So bloody rude. She IS a timewaster, no matter what her stupid reason! Sorry, but this really pees me off.

Stella

Visit site
Some reasons would justify the lack of arriving or phoning - something like husband rushed to hospital with a heart attack and still in intensive care, major house fire, so distraught and no clothes, that sort of thing!

marmite

Visit site
well said jade there is a good reason behind most mistakes i can remember one time i aaranged to go see a section d in sheffield an hour before i went my grandad passed away the woman rung me up and gave me so much abuse down the phone i couldnt speak my gran went mental.
She could have a valid reason yet you never know all i can say is if i had found this website 6 years ago and went to it for advice and saw a post like this about me after a drastic life changing thing had happened i would not be happy at all.

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
No excuse not to phone at the time, Charlie is at well known yard, directory enquiries could help with telephone numbers, any phone call yet? No I doubt it. People like this drive me mad, waste peoples time and effort.....GRRRRR

Stella

Visit site
Marsdon - whilst I agree that this type of thing is appalling and unacceptable without a very good reason, I am guessing that you have never experienced the sudden death of a loved one. Grief is the most powerful emotional experience and nothing else matters, everything else seems trivial, life going on around you seems sureal for a while - so I'd say that, and one or two other big events, would actually be valid excuses.

sojeph

Visit site
Yep-agree. If someone close to me died or had had an accident I couldn't care less who I pissed off I'm afraid. Think OP should get full facts really. IF they just haven't turned up fair enough.

MagicMelon

Visit site
TBH how often do you think the reason is down to something like a death? Ive had so many people who dont turn up over the years, some of them phone up a few days later or I call them to find out what happened and I have never once had a decent reason, its always "oh we found another horse so we didnt bother coming to you" etc.!!!

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
sorry but dont agree, even IF it was a death which is very unlikely, you can get someone else to call or email etc. Its just plain bad manners.

If I lost a member of my family I would still either honour commitments made OR inform people that I wouldnt be around, didnt want to go into details but sorry anyway etc.

And just for info, yes I have experienced sudden death of a loved one, its no excuse for bad manners. Surely a phone call by now would suffice? Admittedly I never called anyone myself but was due to compete, I got a friend to contact the show secretary to withdraw my entry and make other arrangements at the yard for my horses.

How long does it take to text FGS!

Stella

Visit site
Marsdon - well done. When my father died suddenly I was too distraught to think of anything else and when my 15 month old nephew died suddenly, I doubt his parents would have been able to find a phonbe book!

If there is no good reason, then fair enough. If its something big, a bit of compassion doesn't go amiss!