Really Miffed Now - Blasted Bridle!

JAK

Visit site
Bought FOO a new bridle, of a very well-known make & of supposed excellent quality - had to sell his old bridle & some spare stuff to pay for it, as was about 100 quid!

Felt very stiff in places at first but thought it would loosen up with wear & cleaning! It hasn't! ED has now given up trying to fit the throat lash through it's keeper & have had to take the noseband off, as the browband is such a tight fit over the two straps! (Not round his head though!)

Had a really good look at it today & have ascertained that the reason the browband loops & throat lash keeper are so tight is.......they are simply too bl**dy small! Fitting the throat lash through its keeper is actually a physical impossibility, as the leather is bl**dy wider than the s*dding hole!
With the noseband on, you need to use brute force to be able to move the browband & even without the noseband, it's a bit of a squash! Arrgghh!

I wish I'd looked at it closer sooner, as he's had it about 3 weeks now & MD has simply given up trying to fasten it now! Poxy thing, I'm well miffed & am going out today to get him a GFS one like CB's, which is much nicer & was also considerably cheaper!
mad.gif

Sorry for moan but am just soooo disappointed with it!

JAK

Visit site
I was just going to clean it up & try & flog it, as I've had it for several weeks but I suppose I could at least have a moan about it?
I've never had a bridle of this make before but for 100 quid, I would've expected better than this tbh!
frown.gif

JAK

Visit site
It's a Jefferies Falcon - there I've said it! Hardly defamatory though, as it's the biggest waste of a piece of cow-hide ever!
mad.gif

JAK

Visit site
Maybe it is faulty Weezy, as I bought LBO a Jefferies Pony Classic (I think it was) & that's fine - really soft & easy to put on - littlest disabled daughter manages perfectly well with it!

Bought the Falcon on the strength of LBO's one (only a day apart) but it felt very different from the outset - the leather was much stiffer & it didn't seem to be anywhere near as well made - could it be a 'second' that slipped through the net, do you reckon?
confused.gif

Weezy

Visit site
I think it is very likely - could also be that someone retrned it and its gone back on the shelf

I would deffo return it - from what you say Jeffries will take one look at it and send you a nice new supple one with an aopology!

RunToEarth

Visit site
JAK I bought a Jefferies one and although I put up with it, I was generally dissapointed with the quality considering what I paid. I immidiately had to take the browband off because it just wouldnt fit the head, and I later found out it wouldnt fit my pony's head, and it was MEANT to be a full sized bridle. I bough a imported leather Bridle from Bramham in emergency as we were sjing and I forgot Murph's Bridle
blush.gif
I paid £10 for it inc reins and it was the best thing I ever bought.

JAK

Visit site
It came wrapped in bag, so definitely 'untried' but I'll give it a go at taking it back! I didn't realise the silly child was having such problems with it & just thought it was 'stiff' from being new!

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
...I was generally dissapointed with the quality considering what I paid...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I mean £100 isn't exactly a cheapo is it? Grrr!

CB's Fieldhouse GFS one is 10 times nicer IMO, better made & definitely a better fit!

RunToEarth

Visit site
I prefer my Stubben to anything else, I think that was really well worth it, I have had my jefferies some monthes now and its still "new" as far as the eyelets and such go1

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
It must be a fault as I have the Jeffries Premier bridle and it is great. I would take it back and see what they say. I contacted Jeffries direct as the browband on my bridle was a bit small for Spring but everything else fitted fine, they made me a new browband to my specification for no extra charge, so I think their customer service is pretty good.

JAK

Visit site
Ah, maybe it is a dodgy one then, as LBO's is really nice!
smile.gif

Poor ED, she spent ages choosing it too!
smile.gif

Snowberry

Visit site
We've got Jefferies bridles for 'posh' and most of them are great. We have had similar problems thou so took them back to the supplier who changed them without a problem. I'd say definitely take them back as Jefferies are usually very good, their customer service (IMHO) has always been excellent too

JAK

Visit site
I'll take it back then - even good manufacturers can make mistakes sometimes, can't they? Would be wrong to judge them over-harshly on just one bridle I s'pose!
smile.gif

meandmyself

Visit site
Take it back. They should change it for you.
smile.gif
I've only ever heard good things about Jeffries, and their customer service is supposed to be very good!