Really really bad mummy

archoak

Visit site
My OH has just taken my son back to the yard (40 min round trip) as we forgot to put our horses water in
frown.gif
Have never forgotten before but we were distracted this afternoon with some bad news. We always do a check on hay, water, rugs etc but tonight spent time making a fuss on her before we left and forgot. I feel awful and just hope as its cold she's hasn't been too thirsty.

SusieJane

Visit site
Don't feel too bad, last week, after years of owning a horse ~ I took off her rug, and hadn't undone one of the back leg straps!

Bless her she's only a bubba, but she was so good! and just sort of walked forward to I could untangle her.

archoak

Visit site
I feel dreadful, am sitting waiting for my son to call and tell me she's OK.

Edit: He just called and she's fine, she didn't want a drink while he was there (even though he put water in her mouth!) and he checked to see if she was dehydrated and she wasn't. At least she'd had sugarbeet in her feed earlier and got some water from that.

archoak

Visit site
I think probably feel most sorry for OH who is not horsey but drives the lorry and likes feeding treats. Apparently Molly very pleased to see them as thought she was being turned out
grin.gif

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Don't feel too bad, last week, after years of owning a horse ~ I took off her rug, and hadn't undone one of the back leg straps!

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent undone both back leg straps countless times as I dont use them on my own horses, so everytime I do someone elses horse this happens!

Tia

Visit site
Couldn't you have called the YO and asked her to put water in for your horse?

Glad all is well now.

Tia

Visit site
I never use leg-straps on any of my rugs either and same as you, I don't automatically think to check when dealing with strange rugs.

archoak

Visit site
Our yard owner is a jazz musician who is away a lot touring and doesn't have anything to do with the horses, although he is a really nice man. We have a yard manager who lives in the village but didn't feel I could ask her late at night. Don't use leg straps either, always take them off rugs, too much extra work
laugh.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
Your horse would have lasted until morning fine without any water. When I was a kid I used to help at a stables where the horses were in stalls and didn't have water buckets. they used to get a drink when everyone left and then one in the morning.

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
I've had horses since a teenager and I work with horses and I still managed to turn a horse out with the cross straps of his top rug undone last week. I let him go and couldn't work out what was hanging!! That the trouble with putting two rugs on I guess!!

archoak

Visit site
Yes you're right, sometimes at shows in the summer she doesn't drink at all, but I couldn't have gone to bed knowing she didn't have any!