REALLY silly question...

ridersince2002

Visit site
please dont laugh at me:eek:
What sort of heights would you expect to jump out hunting?

Its just ive been offered a new ride- the owner has asked if i want to hunt her big irish bred ginger gentleman. But i dont know if hunting would boost or knock my confidence :( He has hunted before- not sure where but theyve recently moved to surrey

Im thinking that the heights might vary from region to region :confused: but if it helps then surrey union would be his local hunt i think :)

Sorry, i know its going to sound like a stupid question but ive just never really thought about it before :eek: x

rosie fronfelen

Visit site
please dont laugh at me:eek:
What sort of heights would you expect to jump out hunting?

Its just ive been offered a new ride- the owner has asked if i want to hunt her big irish bred ginger gentleman. But i dont know if hunting would boost or knock my confidence :( He has hunted before- not sure where but theyve recently moved to surrey

Im thinking that the heights might vary from region to region :confused: but if it helps then surrey union would be his local hunt i think :)

Sorry, i know its going to sound like a stupid question but ive just never really thought about it before :eek: x

could be large hedges, post and rail,walls big banks-depending on the country. I think SU have the hedges and ditches-

GalwayStomper

New User
Visit site
"The riding enjoyed by the mounted field is challenging, but well within the capabilities of any reasonably experienced horse rider. The support and encouragement you will receive from your companions in the field will soon put you at ease. Most jumps are welcoming and rarely over 3 ft while the bigger obstacles like hedges can be ridden around if you prefer and many people do! Some of our meets have very little, if any, jumping. A Hunt Secretary can advise you on these days. You are welcome to hunt with us for up to four days a season without becoming a subscriber."

Taken from the surrey union website http://www.foxhunters.net/surreyunion/ :)

georgia1

Visit site
I hunted near the Surrey Union area today, although there were some big fences (hedges etc) we managed to stick mostly to post and rail type things ranging from 2ft - 3ft6 so pleanty for all :) there is always a way around if a fence doesnt appeal!!!

Last edited: