Recomendations for equine dentists in east sussex/ kent borders ?

irishdraft

Visit site
Hi As title I want to get my two youngsters looked at, it will be the first time for them, one of them has been shedding teeth for months ( on and off !! ) they are both 3.5 so lots of tooth activity but want to check everythings ok plus my mare who can be difficult and one of the youngsters is 17.2 and built like a brick ****house, well both are, IDs !!, but the other is a more manageable size. I want someone who is used to dealing with youngsters as I do not want to go down the sedation path unless absolutely necessary. Cheers folks

foxy1

Visit site
I always use Rob Pascoe from Bell Equine vets. He is a vet as well as a qualified equine dentist and he also sits on the exam board. He gets referred a lot of difficult or unusual dental cases from all over UK, so there isn't much he hasn't seen and dealt with! He is also very good at handling the horses.

I wouldn't use anyone else!

irishdraft

Visit site
Thanks folks is Carl Duggan the chap from Cliffe Vets in Laughton ? a couple of friends were talking about someone called Carl being good.

K27

Visit site
Thanks folks is Carl Duggan the chap from Cliffe Vets in Laughton ? a couple of friends were talking about someone called Carl being good.

No- Carl is not from Cliffe Vets- although I believe one of their Vets is called Karl and is a qualified EDT.

As others have mentoned above, Carl Duggan is most excellent with the horses, very kind and quiet, does a good job- he has done my horses teeth for years and I can certainly recommend him.

polly1976

Visit site
Cliffe Equine, Laughton have 2 EDT Karl and Penny. They are both fantastic. Penny recently came out to sort out my new 5 year olds, untreated teeth. He had never had anything like this done before and Penny kept him calm and quiet throughout.
Highly recommend them both.

teresamoo

New User
Visit site
Iwould strongly recommend Cafl Duggan. We bought a 5 year old ex racehorse whose teeth were in appalling condition, he was very nervous and Carl suggested sedation which only had minimal effect but Carl was so gentle and patient with him, he took his time and let dallas rest for short spells as it was clear his teeth had been badly neglected. I think IDs will be no problem for him.