recommend a good girth please

Quartz

Visit site
Can you recommend me a good girth please? Not overly expensive, up to about £50. I have a Wintec saddle, and the girth I currently use is a nightmare to do up and undo. I am just unsure as to which to get, and whats the difference of the ones which are much wider under the stomach?

Many thanks in advance.

Hippona

Visit site
The ones which are wider- or curved- tend to be less restrictive for the horse....they curve away from the horses 'armpit';)

I have a shires anatomical leather one with elastic inserts- I think it was about £70....but the horse certainly prefers it.

forestfantasy

Visit site
I use the wintec dressgae girths and love them,also used the standard girths in the past too, very resonably priced, breathable and dry really quickly...and will match your saddle! :)

zenasman

Visit site
My mare didn't really like the Wintec girth and I have changed to a 'Professional's Choice girth. They are an American firm but they do English style girths as well as Western. The girth cost £50 and it features a long thin neoprene pad which is velcroed onto a nylon strap. It is stretchy at both ends. It is very easy to clean - just sponge it after each use then dry with a towel; you can take it apart and put it in the washer if you wish, but I've never needed to do this. It is extremely comfortable for the horse, which is the main thing. Highly recommended.