Recommend livery in south Birmingham?

Kat1e

Visit site
Can anyone recommend livery yards in this area? My priorities are decent fencing and management, an arena, reasonable size stables, sensible amount of turnout allowed in winter and good security. Bonuses for me would be off road hacking, a jumping paddock, assisted livery available when needed and shows on site or nearby.
Any help with where to look/recommendations would be great, as would be any PM's telling me where is not such a good idea.
Thanks!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I briefly looked in that sort of area a couple of years ago - no turnout!

Where in Brum are you going to be living? I would be tempted to try and get something out over the Warwickshire border where there's more land, then commute into work.

I looked at a couple (couldn't tell you where now though) which were v pricey and no land, so crap turnout.

Kat1e

Visit site
Already live there, just looking to move yards (number of reasons why!). I'm based in Selly Oak, the horses are currently 5 miles away, but I'm prepared to travel further for the right yard. Have previously been at a yard in Frankley, and in Belbroughton which are more to the southwest- this was a few years ago. Really looking at areas like Earlswood, Wythall, up to 10 miles away. I've rung a few which sound vaguely promising, am going to have a look round next week.
Thanks for your help!

Kat1e

Visit site
Oh really, whereabouts in Selly Oak? Hadn't really considered the Shirley area- will look into it, thanks! Don't suppose you can suggest anywhere I could find contact details for these yards? Have tried my local tack shops etc.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I can't remember I'm afraid - try the Yellow Pages under riding schools/livery yards. The ones I knew of were biggish riding schools who offered livery as well.

Lived all over - Selly Park for a while, lived in the road opposite Aldi I think, lived on Tiverton Road for a while, lived just off Dawlish Rd too. Also have lived past Sainsburys toward Weoley Castle/Harborne, and in Edgbaston/Ladywood (eek).

Whereabouts are you?

Kat1e

Visit site
D'oh! How daft am I- never thought to look in Yellow Pages! Will do though! I'm off one of the roads off the Harborne Lane, Gibbins Road if you know it.

Kat1e

Visit site
I was at the uni- graduated last year. I've been working there since I graduated, and I'm going back to do a post-grad course in September. Were you at uni there, or working there?

Kat1e

Visit site
Think the road was called Hackman's gate lane? Either on that road or very near- was 3 years ago now so memory a little hazy!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I was at uni. I did my first degree and my PhD there, was back there about a month ago for my PhD viva actually.

Nightlife isn't as good in Brum as it used to be though
frown.gif