Recommend me a 'back person' please!! mctimoney? chiro? etc.

Llanali

Visit site
Hi all.

I have a lovely 4 year odl whom I backed late last summer. I feel sometimes that one of her hips is higher than the other, and would like her looked at to assess this and a general check up. She's been vetted etc recently and there's no majoy problems, I more want a maintenence check up.
I've always had a mcTimoney corley therapist before- is this the right type of person for the job, or is there something else I should consider??

And any recommendation for some in Bucks/Oxon type area greatly appreciated! many thanks.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
if you do need a McTimoney person I would thoroughly recommend Melissa(sorry, cant remember her surname). Based in Bucks but does travel and has a lovely way with animals, my TB was certainly very happy to be prodded and manipulated and was loads better afterwards. She is also qualified to fit saddles and explained things to me in a way that I could understand. Dont have her number on me (at work) but if you call horsatack in Milton Keynes they can pass her number on, she fits saddles for them, or pm me and Ill look it out for you tonight.

itsmyparty

Visit site
We're in south Bucks. We have used Isabel Rosser for the last couple of years and her results are amazing. Lots of people on our yard now use her. I can PM her details if you want?

keeley

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
if you do need a McTimoney person I would thoroughly recommend Melissa(sorry, cant remember her surname). Based in Bucks but does travel and has a lovely way with animals, my TB was certainly very happy to be prodded and manipulated and was loads better afterwards. She is also qualified to fit saddles and explained things to me in a way that I could understand. Dont have her number on me (at work) but if you call horsatack in Milton Keynes they can pass her number on, she fits saddles for them, or pm me and Ill look it out for you tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its Melissa Merridan - http://www.horsebacktherapy.co.uk/

she is fab
grin.gif

angela_l_b

Visit site
I use Kate Lockwood - based in south Oxon (Stonor) - she's fantastic and found what was wrong in about half a minute when the vets were absolutely stumped. I am pretty much certain that without her diagnosis and treatment (and pointing the vet in the right direction) we wouldn't have got him back from his injuries. She's also lovely, very professional and good for humans as well!

http://www.katelockwoodosteo.com/

messenger

Visit site
I can't recommend Stuart McGregor in Wantage enough. He's a qualified Osteo and also teaches. He has 25 years of experience and has always treated my horses. He treats all the top racehorse yards - amazing man. His website is www.mcgregor-ba.com/index.php?page=10 His mobile is 07785 717814.

sally_trott

New User
Kent & East Sussex; t: 07951 662442 e: sally_trott
Visit site
Hiya,
I know this is an old post, so hope your sorted now, however if you ever need a practitioner, I would recommend going with someone registered with the appropraite organisation - that way you know that they are qualified and insured and mainitain professional development.
For McTimoney Animal Practitioners: www.mctimoney-animal.org.uk. You can search for local practitioners by your postcode.
Further more, the MAA is approved by BEVA as appropriately qualified group of musculo-skeletal practitioners http://www.beva.org.uk/useful-info/Directories/Musculo-Skeletal-Paras

FionaM12

Visit site
I must wear my glasses more often. I read the title as "Recommend me a black person" and thought it was some sort of bizarre race-related thread.... :eek: