Recommend me a bridle?

charlotte0916

Visit site
I’ve just started bringing my mare back into work this week after 4 months off ? (see previous posts for the saga!) and have decided I need to think about a new bridle.

She’s currently in a micklem and it fits well apart from behind the ears. She doesn’t have particularly large ears but it seems to ride up her ear base a bit so I think I need something anatomical but cut away from the ears more. I’ve tried her in the small horse and full sizes, have a well-fitting browband and adjusted as much as poss but no joy.

Any suggestions?

New2this

Visit site
Absolutely love my Henry James bridle. I have the 3D air head piece and it’s lovely. Fits beautifully

Same. I have cavesson bridle and the reins with grips. Such lovely quality. Thinking of getting the stirrup leathers just based on the quality of leather of the bridle. Came beautifully packaged. Felt like a real heritage type product, if that makes sense. And it fits my horse beautifully.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Same. I have cavesson bridle and the reins with grips. Such lovely quality. Thinking of getting the stirrup leathers just based on the quality of leather of the bridle. Came beautifully packaged. Felt like a real heritage type product, if that makes sense. And it fits my horse beautifully.
Yes! The packaging! I bought in a sale so had to wait a fair time for delivery. I was like getting a present ?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Apologies OP for intruding.
How do you choose which Henry James headpiece is most suitable for you horse?
I’ll be honest I just went for the most expensive thinking it’d be the best!
A horse at work has a Henry James with the middle priced one which is also nice but mine is raised either side so totally clears the spine