Recommend me a saddle fitter please

Joyous70

Visit site
So after posting yesterday, it has become apparant my saddle no longer fits me, and i need to try and get something that suits me and my girl.

Im looking for someone with a decent stock of 2nd hand saddles who will travel to my yard and hopefully sort us out with something suitable and take my saddle in part ex, I don't have mega bucks to spend im hoping all in all with my saddle as a part ex im looking at spending around £600.

Local to me there is Tower Farm fitter Craig Millard, possibly Horse Sense but i am unsure of the amount of stock they hold and if they will travel. We are based in Warwickshire.

Anybody have any recommendations please, or feel free to PM me if there are any i should avoid.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Sorry don't know anyone in your area, but know its a helluva task to find a fitter who does second hand saddles.

But can recommend you avoid here: these people fit saddles nationwide, mainly for cobby/native types - www.saddleexchange.co.uk - they're all over you like a rash if you're buying one of their new saddles but encounter a problem and they treat you like an infectious disease and charge you hugely for the privilege, this in spite of being a YO and putting over £4000 worth of business their way. Oh, and they're got diddly-squat saddle fitting qualifications to boot!

I am unashamedly naming and shaming here!! Perhaps there are others that may be interested. Best avoided IME.

Good luck with yours anyway.

PS you may find you get more response from your Regional noticeboard bit of the forum???

Joyous70

Visit site
Sorry don't know anyone in your area, but know its a helluva task to find a fitter who does second hand saddles.

But can recommend you avoid here: these people fit saddles nationwide, mainly for cobby/native types - www.saddleexchange.co.uk - they're all over you like a rash if you're buying one of their new saddles but encounter a problem and they treat you like an infectious disease and charge you hugely for the privilege, this in spite of being a YO and putting over £4000 worth of business their way. Oh, and they're got diddly-squat saddle fitting qualifications to boot!

I am unashamedly naming and shaming here!! Perhaps there are others that may be interested. Best avoided IME.

Good luck with yours anyway.

PS you may find you get more response from your Regional noticeboard bit of the forum???

Thank you i will avoid them!

Unfortunately funds will not allow a new saddle, plus as she's a baby it is pointless, im happy for someone to come and look at her and tell me what type of saddle would be best for her and then source one myself providng they can them come back and do the necessary flocking.

yes maybe i should put it up on the Regional board - thank you :)

bex11

Visit site
It may be worth giving milners at John O'gaunt a call. Bit out of you're way but very good. Getting them to fit my new horses saddle.

kassieg

Visit site
Andy Wheels is fantastic !! won't sell you a saddle unless you really need a different 1 !

He changed my wide to a medium :) highly recommend

wench

Visit site
I've never had any problem in getting someone with secondhand saddles. If yo don't have a saddler that stocks secondhand can a least find one that will come out and recommend what make will suit your horse, you can then go away and get it privatly and get fitter to come back. Alternative is do you have any saddles nearby that aren't fitters, but have second hand saddles for sale? If so ask for some on trial and get saddle fitter out to see if any fit .,

Wilbur_Force

Visit site
Craig is good. You could try Jo Beavis from the National Saddle Centre, she's excellent. I've found that boxing up and going to Horse Sense at Solihull RC is the best bet. They do travel but you have to wait a bit and Liz at the shop is fabulous. You can then use the arenas too!