Recommend me an exercise sheet, please

Puppy

Visit site
I'm looking for an exercise sheet that is:

* High Viz
* Showerproof
* Quite well insulated/warm (turns out my new boy REALLY feels the cold)

As well as obviously being a good fit and quality.

So far I am tempted by the Rambo ones (I do have a rambo addiction!) but also the Equafleece looks quite good.

Suggestions, please, and thanks in advance :)

porkpie

Visit site
I have a Mark Todd - its high viz, has a good tail flap, is fleece lined and fully waterproof. Washes well and fits lovely - mine take 6'9 rugs and the 4'9 version of the exercise sheet fits like a glove. I really rate it.

I also have a Rhino exercise sheet - not high viz but is waterproof and has a warmish lining. Got to say though that much as I like and rate HW rugs, the MT sheet is better. The HW ones only come in 3 sizes which is a bit limiting.

indi4

Visit site
I also have the Mark Todd High Viz one, and a normal mark Todd fleece one. I find them really good. I use the high viz one for hacking and it keeps her nice and warm, and the fleece one for schooling when it's really cold, as it's easy to whip off once she's warmed up.

Ali2

Visit site
Equisafety
http://www.equisafety.com/equestrian/exclusive-winter-360-reflective-wrap-around-rug
wraparoundrugLrg.jpg

Nice warm lining, generously sized and gives 360 ° hi viz. I love it :D

ThreeTB's

Visit site
Equafleece - lightweight yet warm waterproof fleece in hi viz colours. I was sceptical about fleece being waterproof and wicking but it is, and no blowing up or russling noises either.

This! Our dogs have the jumpers too, wore them in the snow last year and were dry and warm underneath :) My new horse would freak if the whip touched a rustly sheet (he jumps if it catches in the hedge and makes a noise :rolleyes:) so a quiet sheet is a bonus! They also wash and tumble dry well.

When we first got one we used it mainly for warmth but one day OH got caught in a hailstorm out hacking and we were amazed that the horse was dry under the fleece.

Puppy

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies so far :)

Equafleece - lightweight yet warm waterproof fleece in hi viz colours. I was sceptical about fleece being waterproof and wicking but it is, and no blowing up or russling noises either.

Hi Measles, can I ask how you find the sizing of the equafleeces? I'm undecided about what size I would want if I bought one. Their website says:

SIZING
.................... Rug size ... Price
Shetland .... 4’6 - 5’0 ..... £39
Pony ............ 5’3 - 5’6 ..... £39
Cob ............. 5’9 - 6’0 ..... £49
Full Size ..... 6’3 - 6’6 ..... £49
XL F/S ......... 6’9 - 7’0 ..... £51
XXL F/S ....... 7’3 - 7’6 ..... £51

Charlie takes a 6'3" in all his Rambos but they are all quite generous on him as he is quite a slight chap and obviously you want an exercise sheet on the short side...

ThreeTB's

Visit site
I'm not Measles, but will answer anyway ;)

mine are TB's one is fine and in 6'3" rugs, the other chunkier and 6'6" rugs -their Equafleeces are both full size. I will be using the fine one's on my 15.3 TB this winter too, saves buying a third one when I can only ride one horse at a time! It may be a bit big on him but I don't think the next size down would fit (the chunky one has a much bigger bottom which fills the rug out more ;)).

Puppy

Visit site
I'm not Measles, but will answer anyway ;)

mine are TB's one is fine and in 6'3" rugs, the other chunkier and 6'6" rugs -their Equafleeces are both full size. I will be using the fine one's on my 15.3 TB this winter too, saves buying a third one when I can only ride one horse at a time! It may be a bit big on him but I don't think the next size down would fit (the chunky one has a much bigger bottom which fills the rug out more ;)).

Very helpful, thank you :)

My chap is half tb, and half connie, and I think/hope he's got some filling out to do still so I guess he would indeed want the full size.