Recommend me some electrolytes please

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
As the weather is getting warmer and ponies are getting worked harder to keep their weight off and get fit I want to give them some electrolytes after exercise as both are drinking a full bucket of water once un tacked.

So wise people of HHO what are your recommendations?

Willow1

Visit site
I use Science Supplements Complete Electrolytes which are designed to be used on a daily basis along in a feed, and I simply increase the quantities depending on the work my horse has done, ie, after endurance competitions I increase the amounts. Its very palatable and my fussy mare happily accepts it in her food.

catkin

Visit site
not being rude here - are you sure they need them? and if so do you know what ratios of minerals they need not to upset the balance of anything else?
I'd discuss with the vet on the pros and cons of using electrolytes and which is most suitable in your particular circumstances.

3Beasties

Visit site
I use Science Supplements Complete Electrolytes which are designed to be used on a daily basis along in a feed, and I simply increase the quantities depending on the work my horse has done, ie, after endurance competitions I increase the amounts. Its very palatable and my fussy mare happily accepts it in her food.

I also use this! Sounds like they are both drinking excessively after exercise though, I'd be worried if any of mine drank a full bucket!

becca1305

Visit site
Mine are on Dodson & Horrell ones, just a scoop a day (a scoop & 1/2 if evented) to help replace lost salts from sweating. The D&H are very good value for money, have fed to 4 different horses at various times and all have eaten it in feed with no bother.