Recommend me some feed please?

fathorselover

Visit site
This winter will be my first with my new mare and I am just starting to think about suitable feed for her having just used up what I had left over from my old horse! She will need something as she will be working, hacking/schooling/faster rides several times a week with a few outings hunting thrown in. She will pretty much be living out 24/7 all winter but in a huge valley where there won't be a shortage of grass, they will also get adlib hay once it really gets cold. She will be partly clipped.

She's only 6 and has been out on good grass all summer and is looking good, not too fat or thin. Her skin could be better, it looks a little bit scurfy at the moment.

I like the idea of feeding straights, I was thinking of some micronised linseed for her coat along with something else? Suggestions gratefully received!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I feed grass chaff micronised linseed and salt and if I feel they need something else unmolassed sugar beet, it's quite a basic diet mine look good on it there coats are lovely and they have plenty of energy.