recommend me some reins

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
Hi all

I was giving my boy a school yesterday and had an unscheduled dismount :(

He was jumping brilliantly but I ended up wrapped around the arena fencing - ouch!

Anyway, after coming off my boy stood on the reins and broke them - seeing as I have to replace them I thought I'd ask what everyone recommend?

they are for his jumping bridle - SJ/XC and I normally use rubber grip.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
My favourite rubber reins are the Dyon ones which I got from Sederholm. I got the working collection ones which are £35 at the moment (so less painful if they broke than the £85 pair they do).

Ouch re your fall. Just saw it on FB and the bruise. What size is your arena you seem to be able to put a lot of fences up :) Are you going to a camp at Parkend this year?

Javabb94

Visit site
I have the Jeffries bio grip ones, love them!

They are rubber grip but super flexible and a lot neater for my hands than normal rubber grip - they are quite "sticky" so really grippy

DarkHorseB

Visit site

They are rubber grip but super flexible and a lot neater for my hands than normal rubber grip - they are quite "sticky" so really grippy

See just goes to show how the preference varies from individual to individual. I bought the Jeffries Biogrip first after hearing a lot of good comments re them but never quite got away with them - found them just a bit floppy and jelly like to touch. So they are now kept as my emergency spare pair instead!

Baileyhoss

Visit site
Where are your reins broken? I can replace biogrip or eventa rubbers using your existing rein ends if they are still intact?

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
My favourite rubber reins are the Dyon ones which I got from Sederholm. I got the working collection ones which are £35 at the moment (so less painful if they broke than the £85 pair they do).

Ouch re your fall. Just saw it on FB and the bruise. What size is your arena you seem to be able to put a lot of fences up :) Are you going to a camp at Parkend this year?

Thanks DHB - will have a look at those - price isn't too bad either!

Going to Parkend with a friend for two days private lessons in April - can't get the time off for the others ones and hoping to do a couple of BE100 before the camp so I can focus on Novice.

The arena is 25m x 45m. Funnily enough I was having it video'd as i was aiming to enter the style jumping competition via the German Horse Center - its a comp where they send you the course plan and you film yourself jumping the course and receive feedback from top trainers. there are fab prizes - saddles, bridles, rugs etc. The course plan is aimed at being able to jump in a 20 x 40. Although I have to say it was tight. I jumped the double when warming up to check the corner and it was foot perfect, the problem is I think J preempted the turn the second time and flew round - and sadly there wasn't enough room to come off without hitting the fence.
Anyway, I won't bother entering next time - its not worth the hassle!

Will have a look - thanks :)

I have mark todds, the pimples are really small (if that makes sense) so are really grippy!
Q

And these! lots to look at. :)

ihatework

Visit site
Another jefferies biogrip fan here. Can't ride in anything else now.

Only thing they are not good for is strong pulling horses in wet conditions.