Recommendations for cordless clippers please

GSLS

Visit site
Really in need of some cordless clippers before winter. I don't tend to do heaps in the winter and rug well so the most I've ever needed to do is a bib/trace. None of my horses need feathers clipping off or hogging but they will need to get through a winter coat. I also like clipping the tops of tails if possible - cheating but I like it lol.

Not looking to spend a great deal as at best I half clip each horse once per year and do not clip all year round and do not clip for other people.

Must hold their charge long enough to do half a clip on a youngster that potentially won't stand still.

I don't tend to (have actually never) clipped out a head so they don't need to be particularly quiet or small they just need to be practical.

Looking for something cheap that will do the job - don't even mind if they're not specific horse ones.

I've always had mains but recently moved to a yard temporarily where there isn't any electric and looks like we're going to be there all winter so will have to be cordless. Hoping we can get a genny set up at some point but cordless is still useful for the youngsters.

Cheers, Emily xx

Maclinda

Visit site
I use Liveryman Harmony clipper. They are great. I do a blanket clip and the battery charge lasts beyond the full clip. Really quiet which was excellent at first when my horse was really nervous. Definately recommend them.

vallin

Visit site
No recommendation for cordless but have a look at groomers online as they had 15% off all clippers last week which took my nnew heinger Handys down to £200!

liz4949

Visit site
I have some little Masterclip cordless clippers, Royale, I think. I do a similar amount of clipping to you and they are fine for that, really light and quiet to use. Masterclip don't make any claims that they are heavy use clippers and I have found them perfect for my limited use.

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
I have Wahl Avalon and clip numerous full/hunter clips on a variety of horses throughout the winter. 1 battery charge does me 2 full clips on well behaved horses or 1 and a bit on naughty ones :)
I've had a brief acquaintance with liveryman harmony and they were rather disappointing.

TGM

Visit site
I've used Liveryman Elements successfully for doing bib and chaser clips on a warmblood and a ISH. Struggled though with a hunter clip mid winter on a pony! So depends on what sort of coat you need to deal with. They are cordless and cheap so might suit you if your equines aren't too hairy!