recommendations for floor type for tackroom/feedroom

paddi22

Visit site
We recently got stables built and tahe tackroom and feed room floor of just concrete at the moment. I was hoping to get something down to give it a smarter floor appearance. I hate lino with all my heart so was wondering was there any poured resin style materials available or anything else anyone recommends. Any advice appreciated!

eggs

Visit site
I just have concrete but you can get poured rubber flooring or you could go very posh and put down laminate or Amtico.

turnbuckle

Visit site
Tack room: Wood lovely and not too expensive if you go for plain pine T&G, stain and lightly wax. It will wear, but that can look lovely. Edwardian splendour awaits. Could be glued down although that's not really the right way to do it.....

Feed room: Sweepable a must I would suggest. Poured rubber quite a faff. How big? Offcut sized? Amtico offcuts may be cheap enough...

tootsietoo

Visit site
Vinyl is cheap and practical. I completely understand what you are saying, but you should try to get over it and get some funky stuff - we have bright stripy vinyl in our kitchen as I hate the fake tiles and wood! You would need a ply base which would make it less cheap but possibly still cheaper than poured resin/rubber. Or you could paint it? I think painted concrete floors look cool and you can get some colours other than the standard brick red and grey. I painted a concrete floor pink once!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I've got tiles on my rack room floor. It's in the house but very practical. Easy to keep clean especially as my dog sleeps there and gets shut there when she's wet.
I think the houses previous people had it as an office hence the decent floor but I'd say they are only cheap tiles so might be worth a look into?
Feed room is the corner of a hay/mechinery shed so concrete

lamlyn2012

Visit site
Non slip ceramic tiles are good as you can sweep and mop. Otherwise a good quality non slip vinyl. Some are very nice. If you use vinyl make sure the edges are sealed as well as any joins so rubbish doesn't get under.
Or you could just paint with a floor paint.

paddi22

Visit site
yeah that was the worry with vinyl that the edges would rll up, but like you said sealed and secrued would keep it need. thanks for the suggestions will have a good google of them all and see what might work!

Annie B.

Visit site
Unless super dry don't use laminate it will buckle, wood needs to be dry and kept well it can lead to health issues with the spores. Karndean puts up with a lot but www.resinsurfaces.co.uk seems to be what you are looking for. You can paint this on your floor and add metal shards to create a non slip floor. It is super smart and we have used it in factories and showrooms ( Land Rover was one of our recent jobs). It a tough floor that can be swept and mopped as much ch as you like. We have this down at home in a motorcycle showroom/ workshop and it looks brilliant in the glossy red.

Annie B.

Visit site
Resin with metal depending on condition of sub floor and area. Price comes down the larger the area but if I guess your tack room is approximately 12x12 to give an idea it would be approximately £20m2 but if sub floor not OK a damp proof treatment may be required. Resin surfaces may talk you through doing it for yourself or let you know your nearest stockist.