Recommendations for pony rug

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Hi everyone

I've just taken on a little (11.2hh) rescue pony as a companion to my cob and lead rein for my daughter. Having only had horses before I'm a bit at sea over rugs. He won't be wearing rugs much, but I have bought him an Amigo Pony Turnout Hero 6 Lite for situations when I need to keep him clean. I would like to also get a turnout with some filling for really bad weather and a cooler rug for post baths / illness / sweated up etc.

The problem is the Amigo doesn't fit him very well. Its the right length (4t 6in) but is very tight around his neck and shoulders, and over his bum (he is not overweight). This is him:

2779582_orig.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good make for the turnout in particular that is a bit more generously cut?

lelly

Visit site
I like Ruggles for my ponies, they have 4'3". They have a lot on offer at the minute as well. It's a bit hit and miss with the sizes this time of year though.

thedutchess

Visit site
I have a 11'2 and she is in a 4'9, stay away from amigo and mark Todd they come up small, try shires, some weatherbeeta are ok but the only rug I found that fit really well are Derby house believe it or not, my pony is long backed and covers her well

WelshD

Visit site
I always used Shires for my 11.2 they always fitted very well. I am a recent convert to Premier Equine rugs (thanks to Colouredwelsh!) though and am really pleased wth them quality and fit wise

They have a 200g turnout for £30 in their sale.

Their premtex cooler I a great little rug and would do as a cooler and stable rug on a warm pony

kez81

Visit site
Hi everyone

I've just taken on a little (11.2hh) rescue pony as a companion to my cob and lead rein for my daughter. Having only had horses before I'm a bit at sea over rugs. He won't be wearing rugs much, but I have bought him an Amigo Pony Turnout Hero 6 Lite for situations when I need to keep him clean. I would like to also get a turnout with some filling for really bad weather and a cooler rug for post baths / illness / sweated up etc.

The problem is the Amigo doesn't fit him very well. Its the right length (4t 6in) but is very tight around his neck and shoulders, and over his bum (he is not overweight). This is him:

2779582_orig.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good make for the turnout in particular that is a bit more generously cut?

I find Derby house rugs to be quite generously cut, they swamp my narrow Arab but fit the chunky newfie with plenty of adjustment. Shires are pretty generous too and weatherbeeta.