Recommendations for quality numnahs for jumping?

millitiger

Visit site
Hi all,

Please can I have some recommendations for good quality numnahs that will fit a forward cut jumping saddle?

Vinnie has been in half sheepskin pads for a while but I think the sheepskin is not helping with the saddle slipping back slightly from his sharkfin withers.

Saddle is passier and will be used with a prolite if that helps but I still want a reasonably quilted numnah- not polypad thickness though!

Looked at nuumed but unless you have the sheepskin ones they look paperthin.
Also looked at lemieux- does anyone have one of these?

Badminton would be a great place to look and compare but I'm not going this year :( due to going on holiday :D

Any thoughts or pointers would be great, thank you :)

Fourlegsgood

Visit site
I have the Lemieux close contact jumping saddle cloth without the dead sheep. It is a quality item and I am probably going to get another one so I can wash one whilst using the other. Bought it new off eBay.

blood_magik

Visit site
eta: the squares sit a lot better than the numnah. my numnah just won't sit flat at the back under my jump saddle for some reason and it really annoys me

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I have Nuumed, Lemieux and Ecogold. I might now be a convert to Ecogold though! If that is not to your budget then I do like my Lemieux.

Liostro

Visit site
Comfort zone airflex jump numnah. Small hexagonal memory foam style breathable pads hard to describe but excellent cushioning and great for sweaty horses!

juliap

Visit site
Ecogold - doesn't slip at all & although expensive I've had mine over a year & it's used at least 4 x a week & it's still in great condition - I just rinse it off if it's got damp with sweat - it is breathable so doesn't get very sweaty.

I'm saving for the dressage one

Javabb94

Visit site
Another with Le Mieux

I have a monoflap saddle so have the close contact jumping square - quality item! I like the look of the new pro sport range- particularly because there are now colours other than black brown and white!

Also love nuumed - have their dressage square

millitiger

Visit site
I have the Lemieux close contact jumping saddle cloth without the dead sheep. It is a quality item and I am probably going to get another one so I can wash one whilst using the other. Bought it new off eBay.

Love the le mieux cotton squares too :)

the Lemieux pro-sport close contact pads are great.
they wick really well and wash well too

eta: the squares sit a lot better than the numnah. my numnah just won't sit flat at the back under my jump saddle for some reason and it really annoys me

The whole Lemieux range is outstanding. First port of call for any numnah / saddlecloth now

I have Nuumed, Lemieux and Ecogold. I might now be a convert to Ecogold though! If that is not to your budget then I do like my Lemieux.

Comfort zone airflex jump numnah. Small hexagonal memory foam style breathable pads hard to describe but excellent cushioning and great for sweaty horses!

I love my pro lite saddle cloth it's brilliant

I have Le Mieux pro sport saddlecloths. They are great. Love all their stuff.

Ecogold - doesn't slip at all & although expensive I've had mine over a year & it's used at least 4 x a week & it's still in great condition - I just rinse it off if it's got damp with sweat - it is breathable so doesn't get very sweaty.

I'm saving for the dressage one

Another with Le Mieux

I have a monoflap saddle so have the close contact jumping square - quality item! I like the look of the new pro sport range- particularly because there are now colours other than black brown and white!

Also love nuumed - have their dressage square

the Ecogold ones are fantastic. particularly love the new Cool Fit one, doesn't need a half pad, doesn't move an inch, fabulous quality. As above, they wash amazingly well.

Ecogold, they are worth the money!

Thanks all, great help :)

Sounds like it's between Lemieux and Ecogold then- where do you buy your Ecogold pads from?

I definitely want a numnah not a saddlecloth/square as Vinnie can get rubbed by the seam on the back corner of saddlecloths.

kerilli

Visit site
Thanks all, great help :)

Sounds like it's between Lemieux and Ecogold then- where do you buy your Ecogold pads from?

I definitely want a numnah not a saddlecloth/square as Vinnie can get rubbed by the seam on the back corner of saddlecloths.

Horses In Sport is the main Ecogold stockist afaik. Their pads are shaped really nicely, angled across, like this
https://www.ecogold.ca/product_info.php?products_id=39

It's not on the website but the Cool Fit one is the same shape as that one, with integrated (removable, alterable) memory foam pads to half way. I am SO impressed with mine.

I'm pretty sure KirstyHen is such a convert to Ecogold that she's sold every other pad she had... I am going that way too.

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I order mine direct from EcoGold. Ordered one last Wednesday and it arrived Monday!
They are fab pads, I don't use anything else, I sold all my anky pads to fund my addiction! They wash amazingly well, fit beautifully and don't slip an inch. Mally goes much better in them, I had a thin cotton dressage square for daily use and I have just replaced it as she was noticeably more tense through her back in it.
Plus you can get them in pretty colours now, blue, gold and burgundy, not on the same scale as anky, but I'm an eventer, I don't care :D

bellatrix

Visit site
I have the Le Mieux Pro Sport saddle cloth, it is really high quality.
I also like my NuuMed saddle cloth though, it has lasted for years!!

Llanali

Visit site
My budget wouldn't go to an ecogold, so I also bought a Le Mieux pro sport one and love it. It's superb quality and stays exactly where it should.

RCP Equestrian

Visit site
I have a lemieux half pad and a Schockemole numnah.

Love the lemieux numnahs though, the sheepskin seems to last forever!

Had a Nuumed one and when washed it was never the same, went a bit bobbly tbh.

MadisonBelle

Visit site
I order mine direct from EcoGold. Ordered one last Wednesday and it arrived Monday!
They are fab pads, I don't use anything else, I sold all my anky pads to fund my addiction! They wash amazingly well, fit beautifully and don't slip an inch. Mally goes much better in them, I had a thin cotton dressage square for daily use and I have just replaced it as she was noticeably more tense through her back in it.
Plus you can get them in pretty colours now, blue, gold and burgundy, not on the same scale as anky, but I'm an eventer, I don't care :D

on no I have been craving an EcoGold pad for ages and now you tell me they come in BURGUNDY!!! But they are my colours!!!

Oops! there's my excuse to finally buy one.........

Vanha12

Visit site
After trying loads of different numnahs I only buy Lemiuex now. In fact a new one has just arrived in the post now! Think they are brilliant and such good quality.

Scarlett

Visit site
Another LeMieux fan here - I have just bought a Prosorb sheepskin lined numnah so I no longer need to use a Prolite and can just adjust the numnah with the shims. I'm lusting after a non-sheepskin one too, just because they are so hand to have! I hate using gel pads or prolites, so much easier to have it all built into your numnah/saddlecloth then you know it ain't moving.

Also just got the plain cotton half square to use under my pro-sorb half pad - love it! Such good quality, wicks sweat and fits perfectly.

Currently listing my collection of other saddlecloths for sale to fund more LeMieux! :)

If your saddle is quite forward cut I've found these fit really well... I struggled to get something that would sit under my saddle flap but this is perfect!

http://www.totally-tack.co.uk/acata...g_white.html?gclid=CJK-hK2I9bYCFZLKtAoduwYAKg

Last edited: