Recommendations for things to do for the big 3-0

emfen1305

Visit site
Providing my horse stays sound and I can get him to a reasonable level of fitness before May, I would like to do something a bit special or different with him for my 30th. My family have kindly offered to pay for something (with reason!) so I am wondering what to do. I'd like it to be something we haven't done before but also needs to be not too far outside of my comfort zone (ie no ODE or Hunter Trials! :p)

Things we have done so far:
-The Beach
- Kelsall farm ride and gallops
- Somerford farm ride

Things I already plan to do:
- Dressage competitions
- Polework clinic

If anyone has done anything fun for big birthdays or just generally and can recommend anything that would be great - I was thinking something like a camp but I am not that keen on jumping and all the ones I have seen at Somerford seem to centre on jumping and don't want to feel like I am missing out. I am based in South Manchester and would be happy to travel a little bit (up to an hour if it is one day or a couple of hours if we can stay somewhere) but just open to ideas at the moment and then I can do my own research.

madamebonnie

Visit site
Some of my friends have been to Springhill farm in Wales. You can stay a couple of days and hack to your hearts content. I think you can also hire horses if you have friends who want to come too.

Ossy2

Visit site
There are definitely just dressage camps at Somerford I’ve done them the last couple of years and def don’t feel left out.
or what about one of these photo shoots that seem really popular there are a few around your area that do them.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Have a look at Lowerdale Farm EC. A take your horse on holiday place with fab hacking. Based near Marple so very near you. I was thinking of going there with a few friends to celebrate my big 5oh. But am now going to Somerford instead because I do want to jump. But I loved the look of this place.

emfen1305

Visit site
I think a photoshoot will be on the cards, I got some done of my old horse and lost him 3 months later so I was grateful to have them!

DressageCob

Visit site
Active Rider do a dressage camp at Somerford. Or their normal horse camps have jumping or dressage options.

there's a few places fairly local to you (ie an easy drive) to take your horse on holiday for a few days.

Or what about a dressage lesson with a fancy trainer?

NLPM

Visit site
Cannot recommend Sophie Lefevre enough if you're looking at photoshoots.

What about a new type of riding, something like polo/side saddle/horseback archery etc.? Go exploring in Delamere Forest? A lesson with someone you admire? (e.g. if I were up north I'd choose a lesson with Lili Brooksby-Dalby)

j1ffy

Visit site
If you're into dressage, how about an overnight trip with a couple of lessons to AM Dressage? Lovely people, incredibly supportive and excellent trainers: https://www.amdressage.com/

MilliePops and a few other people on here train with them, I also did on my old horse. They work with people of all levels on all sorts of horses and can get the best out of anyone / any horse it seems!