Recommendations of nice GP saddlecloths please!

Tash88

Visit site
Hi - I've recently bought a new GP saddle after riding in VSD / dressage saddles for years and so I need some new saddlecloths as my dressage ones don't fit well or look very nice underneath. I haven't bought a GP one for a long time and the market seems to have changed a bit, so looking for recommendations.

Ideally it needs to have long straps as I have ordered an Eskadron lambskin underlay, as I do like sheepskin. So without sheepskin and long straps, or with sheepskin so I don't have to use the underlay. I don't like anything too bright, but a nice range of chic colours would be good :)

Shires seems to have upped their game and they are reasonably priced, but are they any good? I also like the look of the Weatherbeeta and Le Mieux ones.

Thanks in advance!

AFB

Visit site
Nuumed are lovely but not the most exciting perhaps.

I love Eurostar, I've had mine on 3 different saddles and they seem to fit everything neatly and wash/wear well. Esk I find are a slightly funny shape. Higher price point but Eq. Stockholm & PSOS are lovely too.

LegOn

Visit site
Have a look at Kramer - their quality is lovely and great selection of colours! Le Mieux are good quality too but generally have d-ring tabs. I love HKM or QHP aswell, good quality and affordable!

Carrottom

Visit site
I bought a premier equine one when they had 20% off. It has wool underside which seems to be wearing well and I'm pleased with it.

Kat

Visit site
Have a look at Kramer - their quality is lovely and great selection of colours! Le Mieux are good quality too but generally have d-ring tabs. I love HKM or QHP aswell, good quality and affordable!
Le Mieux GP have long straps. Dressage and close contact have short straps.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Mattes have straps and they're 100% velcro, no webbing, so much easier to put them round the girth straps you're actually using, They have a fairly neat GP shape, measurements on their website, the sizes are more generous than some. Tons of colours including complete custom option from sheepskin, cotton/sheen/velvet finishes plus piping and bindings.

Tash88

Visit site
Thank you all for the replies - I have lots to look at now!

I always thought Eurostar was expensive but it isn't really, and they are lovely. And I'm pleased to see that you are impressed by Shires ones, they seem to have upped their game in the last few years and I really like their rugs.

Will check out the other brands too, thanks again! :)

Visit site
I’m a sucker for LeMieux! They last for years, and lots of colour to choose from. They do lambswool options as well. Shires are also excellent!

Tash88

Visit site
I bought a beautiful Le Mieux sage saddlecloth at the weekend, just waiting for my Eskadron underlay so I can use it!

I have a Shires one coming from Ebay too :)