Recommendations please

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
*quietly looks in, a bit scared*

I would like to breed again from my mare, and am looking for recommendations of places/studs/people who could handle the whole affair for me. As in, take the mare in, source the semen, AI and return mare to me scanned in foal.
In other words, sports horse breeding for lazy people ;)
I'm in south Lincolnshire, wouldn't like to travel the girl too far. Any ideas?

A glass of Pinot Noir for any helpful reply :D

Steeleydan

Visit site
Oakham vets do that service, the seaman is delivered there they do the imsemination and then you dont get the mare back until scanned in foal. You can even send the mare back there to foal. I cant remember the name of the stud man who is in charge of the breeding department but Ive been with a friend to take a mare and its all very professional. They have a web site, look it up.

emlybob

Visit site
Which vets do you use? I know RASE vets would probably offer this service. Have you decided on a stallion as may be easier to drop your mare off at a specific stud where the stallion is standing then the semen is readily avaliable (!!!) and costs may be reduced.

Brackenspa do offer a service but u would have to speak to them re using an outside stallion. I'm not sure that all studs would take in a mare if it was not going to one of their stallions

martlin

Which vets do you use? I know RASE vets would probably offer this service. Have you decided on a stallion as may be easier to drop your mare off at a specific stud where the stallion is standing then the semen is readily avaliable (!!!) and costs may be reduced.

Brackenspa do offer a service but u would have to speak to them re using an outside stallion. I'm not sure that all studs would take in a mare if it was not going to one of their stallions

I use a farm vet, and seeing that I am about to spend a small fortune on semen, I am not going to risk a home AI ;)
As to the stallion, none of my shortlist of 3 stands in UK, so one way or another there will be outside stallion for sure :) The shortlist is: Cornet Obolensky, Winningmood or Corrado... so, in a word, it's going to be an expensive affair :eek:

sallyf

Visit site
I use a farm vet, and seeing that I am about to spend a small fortune on semen, I am not going to risk a home AI ;)
As to the stallion, none of my shortlist of 3 stands in UK, so one way or another there will be outside stallion for sure :) The shortlist is: Cornet Obolensky, Winningmood or Corrado... so, in a word, it's going to be an expensive affair :eek:

We do "Groomsbridge Stud" but just outside Newmarket might be too far away.
Google us but website woofully out of date as we are moving to newer ,bigger premises in Feb a bit closer to Newmarket and use Rossdales as our stud vets.

martlin

We do "Groomsbridge Stud" but just outside Newmarket might be too far away.
Google us but website woofully out of date as we are moving to newer ,bigger premises in Feb a bit closer to Newmarket and use Rossdales as our stud vets.
Sallyf, would you be so kind to PM me with some more info, please?
I'm looking at breeding next year, to aim for an early foal if possible and ideally, in a super perfect world, I would like to send the mare for the whole pregnancy and foaling/until weaning. She is an awful traveller and I wouldn't want to jeopardise the foal by stressing her out :eek:

sallyf

Visit site
Sallyf, would you be so kind to PM me with some more info, please?
I'm looking at breeding next year, to aim for an early foal if possible and ideally, in a super perfect world, I would like to send the mare for the whole pregnancy and foaling/until weaning. She is an awful traveller and I wouldn't want to jeopardise the foal by stressing her out :eek:

No problem will do

Herts05

Visit site
At Brackenspa you can use any stallion. They are a registered AI centre, I know as I have a mare and a yearling there.
If you are not far away, would recommend a visit there so you can see the fab facilities and speak to Sally who is great.

eventrider23

Visit site
Would def recommend Groomsbridge for your mare!

Also agree with the opinion on Cornet Obolensky. He has loads of approved sons up and coming and then there is still his sire!

martlin

Would def recommend Groomsbridge for your mare!

Also agree with the opinion on Cornet Obolensky. He has loads of approved sons up and coming and then there is still his sire!
Yeah, I suppose there is still Clinton to consider :) hmmm, so let's replace Cornet with Clinton for my shortlist.
I'm dreaming of breeding myself a Corradina, lol :D and as my mare has the Sicambre/Sacramento song lines (as has Corradina's dam) it would be logical to go for Corrado I suppose, but then again, any Cor de la Bryere would do, well, maybe not any, but you get the gist ;) :)

tristar

Visit site
i think everything i have seen by clinton has been very nice, from unbroken to stallions at stud to international performers, conformation wise and type, and i don't specially like warmbloods but for me he breeds well.